Saints real needs (1 Viewer)

saintdiehard

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a long time reader and first time poster here. I think everyone on this board agrees we need some help at corner, but it seems we really need some bigger bodies on the lines to play physical teams. I'm talking about DT, Offensive guard and some at right tackle. It seems like we have enough players in skill positions, but have problems with physical teams (i.e., bears, titans). I say trade up to draft Dorsey and maybe get an inside lineman in the 2nd round of the draft.

Our real needs are DT, FS, and TE.

Sedrick Ellis. Reggie Smith. Matellus Bennett.:9:

I agree that we need to be more physical up fron on offense. Our line was absolutely terrible the first 4 weeks of the season, and those 4 weeks ruined the whole year.

On the defensive side, we could use more depth especially at DT. But most importantly, we need Grant and Smith to perform up to their talent levels.

pressure the qb ,move the opposing line, so I'd say quick on the d line and nasty, strong and agile on the o line, after this years free agency thats where I'd look in the draft. I do expect the wr and corner picks from last year to be much improved next season, wonder how the organization feels about the progress of young and meacham.

The Jags are extremely physical, and we toasted them. But I actually agree with you. We do need better play on the lines. That would help our team as much as anything.

I remember several games that we just got killed at the line. Both sides. Protect the QB and pressure the QB, that's what it takes. Our corners will look alot better if we can do that on the D-line.

My Opinion: We need DT, LT, LB.

We have no talent at DT.
Brown is better suited for RT. (IMHO)
Even with the pickup of Vilma and Morgan. Can't go into the season relying on them with their current injuries.

we need speed on the defense pretty bad .... most times , after getting overpowered , the most teams just ran away from us .... speed , reaction , athleticism for our LBs would help much.

I think that getting in a situation where we could pick up either Dorsey or Ellis improves the entire defense, but we need youth in the defensive backfield to build our defense around because the jump to the NFL is the hardest for a young corner.. I really like the Cromartie kid from Middle Tennessee.. He has the confidence that it takes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom