Saints receivers coach Curtis Johnson impressed by depth (1 Viewer)

• Admin
WWLFM_TalentImage_BobbyHebert_775x425_1.jpg

Sports Talk with Bobby Hebert

There's no doubt that one of the fiercest battles to watch in Saints training camp this summer will be the competition at wide receiver. After Wednesday's minicamp practice, WWL's Bobby Hebert and Kristian Garic caught up with Saints receivers coach Curtis Johnson, who said the unit is certainly deep this offseason.

"This is one of the best problems I've ever had," Johnson said. "We've got a lot of guys who can do a lot of different things. They function very well within the offense. The quarterback loves them all. Even the young kids, they come in. They're physical. They're big. All these guys can run. Our scouts did a great job assembling this group."

Johnson was asked about the team's Pro Bowl wideout Michael Thomas as he heads into his third year in the league, and he offered up some things Thomas can work on to get even better.

"I think Mike Thomas is hungry by nature," Johnson said, "but I'll say one thing about him. He needs to get more detail-oriented. Some of things that he does in practice and does in games, we need to clean up. And we're working on it. He does a fabulous job doing that. He needs to continue to press the defense. He needs to learn more about what our offense is doing, learn more about defensive backs, study those guys around the league a little bit more, but I think he's in a good position." ...

Full Story - WWL

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin
So from what I can gather, as long as Meredith comes in healthy, our WR corps should be, Thomas, Meredith, Coleman, Smith, Lewis and Ginn.

coach needs to stop being so pessimistic about those guys. BC was the MVP and TL is the star so far. :p

I get the impression that everything he said in the interview was directed to them and not the media or us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom