Saints Recent History of 5th Round Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

The Saints haven't drafted a runner since 2007 but Gaffney has the best size/speed ratio in the draft and was highly productive his Senior Year.

He reminds me of Chris Ivory minus the injury concerns. They are both 6'0 220 and run 4.45-48

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cb0SYGE7V94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z7Bg_7oapMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

Watching Gaffney get owned over and over against Mich. State in the Rose Bowl was hard to watch.

I know he's better then that though. Stanford's coach should of been shot after his play calling in that game.

Watching Gaffney get owned over and over against Mich. State in the Rose Bowl was hard to watch.

I know he's better then that though. Stanford's coach should of been shot after his play calling in that game.

Didn't watch the game but it seems he still had 91 yards, 3.8 ypc, and a TD which was decent.

For the season he had 330 carries and 5.2 yards per rush so I take it he's pretty durable and explosive.

Didn't watch the game but it seems he still had 91 yards, 3.8 ypc, and a TD which was decent.

For the season he had 330 carries and 5.2 yards per rush so I take it he's pretty durable and explosive.

To give you an idea, 63 of his 91 yards came on 2 carries. The other 22 carries were brutal. And they just kept slamming him into the line, almost like they didn't even want to attempt to win the game.

I don't think this is a draft where you give up picks to move up unless a potential stud like Mike Evans drops. Draft picks are cheap and we have holes to fill.

To give you an idea, 63 of his 91 yards came on 2 carries. The other 22 carries were brutal. And they just kept slamming him into the line, almost like they didn't even want to attempt to win the game.

I agree, sounds like pretty bland play-calling but he at least showcased some breakaway speed on those two runs, right?:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom