Saints record prediction thread 2021 (1 Viewer)

Honestly I’m going 9-7. Green Bay to start won’t be fun, and Payton’s teams never seem to start strong. New England, in Seattle, Titans (still nervous about the run defense), split the Bucs games, and lose one out of the remaining 4 in the division. Then throw in one of the every so often brain scratching losses and we hit 9-7.
Now if everyone stays healthy, as there isn’t a lot of quality depth in places, this could go a couple games higher. But if a handful of key players get injured, yikes it could get ugly. I mean Oneymata will earn every cent of his check this year and we all better be praying for his health.

We just replaced an all time great....with Jameis Winston. 9-8 would be a pretty good finish with him at the helm. My fingers are crossed we find a way to get there. The good news is we have the falcons and the Panthers to battle for 2nd place so that’s in our favor.

It seems that people forget that the Saints played 9 games without Brees these past two seasons. I love Brees and wish he was still here and it won’t be easy replacing him, but the Saints need a complete team to win.

Belicheck didn’t have half of his defense starters because they opted out of the season due to covid. And I’m pretty sure that Belicheck told them to opt out so they can better their draft position. There was no other team in the league with so many starters that opted out of the season. That seems suspicious, so I think this season will be his first true test without a legendary QB.

My prediction is 8-9 simply because our defense has a lot of turnover. Just as Belicheck experienced this past season due to the players that opted out.

7-10 doesn't matter who is under center on the current roster. Lost too many defensive pieces with the cap. Upside is we will resurge with 2022 draft.

9-8, though my second choice would be 10-7.

I am not especially concerned about Winston and Hill at quarterback. And we needed to move away from Brees. Teams were loading the box against us and daring Brees to throw down field.

I am very concerned about our free-agency losses, and the relative lack of production in the three drafts from 2018 to 2020 and my lack of enthusiasm over the 2021 draft.

Of course, the caveat is that I can see a number of changes to this roster before September.

- Roster depth took a hit
- P Rod, PJ, or a rookie could start opposite Marshon
- Marshon faces suspension
- T. Smith is our number two WR
- Winston trending towards taking the reins
- Jordan looked slowed last year
- Davenport still developing
- Difficult schedule
- Sean can work wonders when he is locked in
- A lot to overcome 8 - 9

8-9 and hope tp be surprised with a 1 0 win season.

11-6 our schedule is not super tough this year. We’ll steal one from Tampa. Sweep the Panthers and Falcons. Lose to Bills, Dolphins, Packers, Seahawks, Eagles

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom