Saints release CB Dixon, sign OL Barnes (1 Viewer)

A few years back we had a QB named Sean Canfield .... We used to sign him over the weekend and then release him the coming Monday or Tuesday ....We are doing the exact same thing these days with Barnes ...

The old story goes that Jimi Hendrix's dad would work all week, get paid on Friday, and go "buy" a guitar at the pawn shop. Young Jimi would play gigs that weekend to earn some extra money for the family. Then on Monday, dad would "sell" the guitar back to the pawn shop so that the family would have money for the week.

I have no idea if this is a true story, but I nominate "Jimi's guitar" as the nickname for the player each year that the Saints play this roster shuffle with.

Roster churn.
Overanalyzed by this forum since forever.

This is Sean beating the system. Barnes is obviously a guy we would use if needed. He's an older player, not PS eligible, that not many other teams seem to have an interest in. He signs him and has him around for practice, then cuts him shortly before the game and activates a young PS player at a position of need who has also been practicing. Once the game is over, younger player is cut, Barnes is signed, younger player brought back to PS, they both practice with the team all week, and so on. Rinse, repeat. It's not a matter of not being able to make up his mind... it's just Sean milking the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom