Saints release DT Taylor Stallworth (1 Viewer)

Stallworth will be back on the PS, bank on it. I think we bring up a receiver or TE. They may sign a QB to the practice squad just in case.

Interesting, he was quite good last year and this year they rolled with Tuttle a bit more.
I wonder what they like better about him, but it's true they couldn't keep both -
With Ranks, Onyemata, Brown, Tuttle/Stallworth/Edwards, there's should be enough DTs (knock on wood)

Is it not because Granderson got elevated to the active roster? When I read about that earlier today my first thought was who gets moved/released to make room? We had an exemption before for him that I think expired after the first 2 weeks. If we keep him on, its a numbers game, something has to come off. With several guys coming back from injury and Tuttle playing really well, I guess the coaches thought Stallworth could be dropped off the roster.

Is it not because Granderson got elevated to the active roster? When I read about that earlier today my first thought was who gets moved/released to make room? We had an exemption before for him that I think expired after the first 2 weeks. If we keep him on, its a numbers game, something has to come off. With several guys coming back from injury and Tuttle playing really well, I guess the coaches thought Stallworth could be dropped off the roster.

Granderson was the corresponding move for Anzalone to IR

When I saw Stallworth during the preseason games, I was a little disappointed in the way he played. He didn't seem to have the same push or explosive play he had last season. Seem like he regressed. Fast forward to the first game, he was pushed around alot leaving lots of big gaps on that line. Looking at Tuttle he had a decent camp and coach see good improvement the last two weeks. Kind of shocking to see an undrafted guy like Tuttle to get so much action. During the Rams game, I saw Stallworth in street clothes and not starting. I thought that was really odd but apparently Tuttle is playing better. From my eyes, seem he is more disruptive and active on the line than Stallworth. Still a little shocking to see Stallworth being released like that.

It was, but I wonder if we'll add LB depth after Stallworth's cut.

Speaking of LBs, Vince Biegel got a sack for the Dolphins on Sunday, which means they should be shopping him soon since we know they don't want players making positive plays this season. :)

Granderson was the corresponding move for Anzalone to IR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom