Saints release DT Taylor Stallworth (1 Viewer)

Should be two spots still open.

Waived Stallworth.
Signed J.T, Barrett to P.S.
Released DB Terrell Williams.
Placed Keith Kirkwood on I.R.

Promising young talent at a position that isn't deep right now for the Saints being released? I don't understand this move, wonder they are bringing in?

My guess is that 2 WR's come up from the Practice Squad or 1 WR and 1 TE. If it is 1 WR and 1 TE, there's a great chance that Hill might play more at QB.

I liked Stallworth a lot, I hope he clears waivers and can be put on the PS, but I fear somebody will pick him up. I would have told him that there's a PS spot for him at full salary if he wants it.

No way is Rankins ready yet... this is a move to either bring in an emergency QB.... or to add a WR to the group of "nobody but MT13 can get open squad"

Granderson took Anzalone's spot when they IR'd him. Do you mean his position on the line? Because Granderson is a pure DE, not a NT by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes apples and oranges. Granderson is a 6'5" 261 lbs. DE, Stallworth is a 6'2" 305 lbs. DT. One of the dings on Granderson coming out was his ability to stop the run. At this point he is a situational pass rusher at best and I wouldn't expect him to be active on game day.

IMO, Shy Tuttle has been playing much better on the interior d line compared to Stallworth, and considering Shy's lack of experience, it's kind of exciting to see how he might develop. With Onyemata back and Rankins getting closer, there just isn't any room for Stallworth at this time.

No way is Rankins ready yet... this is a move to either bring in an emergency QB.... or to add a WR to the group of "nobody but MT13 can get open squad"

I think it had more to do with David Onyemata coming back into the lineup. It looked like Stallworth and Tuttle were competing over the last two weeks to see who would be the odd man out at the bottom of the Saints DTs. Rams game was the last audition and Tuttle beat him out.

What do you mean? Granderson took Anzalone's spot when they IR'd him. Do you mean his position on the line? Because Granderson is a pure DE, not a NT by any stretch of the imagination.
No not position for position, just dline roster spot. Typically you allocate a quantity per position groups. I'm, not saying that Granderson is taking Stallworth's snaps or even that he will play at all this year.

I think it had more to do with David Onyemata coming back into the lineup. It looked like Stallworth and Tuttle were competing over the last two weeks to see who would be the odd man out at the bottom of the Saints DTs. Rams game was the last audition and Tuttle beat him out.
Yes this exactly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom