Saints release first Depth Chart (1 Viewer)

Pretty stout. Hope our SAM’s work out.

Any news on Baun's injury or why he's not above Elliss? I know Elliss looked good last year before getting hurt, so I'm just curious bc I didn't hear much after Baun left practice that one day.

He left during practice #7 and returned for the last 2 days of training camp (#14-15), but #14 was almost a walkthrough to get used to playing in an empty Superdome and #15 the media had access for like 20 minutes

Last edited:
LBs should hold up if healthy. At some point Kiko A. should return and there are some options like Todd Davis (Broncos) available. Bachie is on the PS as well.

We'll probably play tons of nickel or big nickel with 3 safeties too. So as long as we have 2 healthy LBs we should be ok. Last year Davis played 93% of the snaps, Klein 71% and Alonzo 27%. For the safeties Willians 89%, Bell 82% and Gardner-Johnson 51%.

I'm excited to see Elliss take 1st team snaps!

That depth chart makes me wonder if they are going to be using Rob Ryan's accidentally genius 4-2-5 three safety defense. Nobody in the NFC South is really setup to be a power run team, and even though Tampa got Fournette, Bruce Arians' case of the Sean Payton's is worse than Sean Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom