Saints release RB Josh Adams (1 Viewer)

I didn’t know we still had him.

Really surprised by this. Wonder if Adams asked for the release.

Im a big believer that Abram Smith will have a big impact on the team this season.

The one guy I really wish we could get is this dude. So underrated and would be perfect on this team.

Love me some Robinson!!!

Im a big believer that Abram Smith will have a big impact on the team this season.

The one guy I really wish we could get is this dude. So underrated and would be perfect on this team.

Seriously doubt a 5th string RB asked to be released, but who knows?

Seriously doubt a 5th string RB asked to be released, but who knows?
Either that or we're about to bring someone else in.

I mean, you can call him a 5th string back but if you pretend the season started today this is what the depth chart would look like.

#1- 33 year old Mark Ingram
#2- Competition between everyone else.

Everyone else includes a 25 year old RB with starting experience and a 4.33 career YPC average. An undrafted free agent, a Rb that is really a special teams player, a 24 year old RB with 54 career carries and a 2.6 ypc average.

That also means we would keep every one of them because that leaves us with 4 active Rb's on the roster. BTW, that 25 year old RB with starting experience and a career 4.33 ypc average we just cut.

So either he asked for his release or the Saints are making room for another RB.

Is he available? Sign him 1st day FA he reminds me of Willis McGahee

Is he available? Sign him 1st day FA he reminds me of Willis McGahee
No, he is the starting RB for Jacksonville, 2nd year UDFA. Given the Jags situation and it being the RB position, really hoped we would go after him via a trade of some sort. He just fits the mold of what this team needs.

Either that or we're about to bring someone else in.

I mean, you can call him a 5th string back but if you pretend the season started today this is what the depth chart would look like.

#1- 33 year old Mark Ingram
#2- Competition between everyone else.

Everyone else includes a 25 year old RB with starting experience and a 4.33 career YPC average. An undrafted free agent, a Rb that is really a special teams player, a 24 year old RB with 54 career carries and a 2.6 ypc average.

That also means we would keep every one of them because that leaves us with 4 active Rb's on the roster. BTW, that 25 year old RB with starting experience and a career 4.33 ypc average we just cut.

So either he asked for his release or the Saints are making room for another RB.
I hear you. I was looking forward to seeing what he has left, but he's had 37 carries the last three seasons. I think it's safe to assume he would've started camp at the bottom of the depth chart.

No, he is the starting RB for Jacksonville, 2nd year UDFA. Given the Jags situation and it being the RB position, really hoped we would go after him via a trade of some sort. He just fits the mold of what this team needs.
Are you really saying Kamara is a possible #2 behind Ingram?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom