Saints report card from NFLPA (1 Viewer)

Seems players are afraid to grade coaches negatively unless they have been fired.

As far as the cafeteria, just lazy on the Saints. Feeding them well and all meals seems pretty simple and advantageous to the team. Hopefully it is just that the facilities need to be updated to provide what they are looking for. A little puzzled by the one meal a day comment as I know some people on staff and always got the impression that they ate in the facility more than once a day.

Almost same as last year. Saints don't feed players the way other teams do, I think they are responsible for their own meals. The family thing is interesting not sure what goes into that decision.

They do breakfast and lunch…not doing dinner is the anomaly. Only the Saints and the historically super-cheap Bengals don’t.

Payton got an A- even after benching the QB and all the drama that goes with that.

The food thing appears to be getting addressed. Team is building a new cafeteria and I’d imagine the meal plan will go hand in hand.

The family stuff is really low for every team. Feels like the NFLPA was trying to send a message there.

I think it’s more valuable to look at our rank than it is the actual grade. Like a B-minus doesn’t seem bad for Allen until you realize there were only 3 coaches below that and they all got canned, lol.

Seems players are afraid to grade coaches negatively unless they have been fired.

As far as the cafeteria, just lazy on the Saints. Feeding them well and all meals seems pretty simple and advantageous to the team. Hopefully it is just that the facilities need to be updated to provide what they are looking for. A little puzzled by the one meal a day comment as I know some people on staff and always got the impression that they ate in the facility more than once a day.

It may be that they don't have the facilities to do the quality or frequency that the players want and that and that is why they are remodeling this summer. At least I hope so.

Even though coach is a B-, there are only 3 that got less than B-. So B- is not so great.

I mean, Belichick also got a B- so I'm not sure how much these grades mean other than coaches who win a lot get high grades and get low grades when they aren't winning a lot. Although Tomlin seems to be the exception.

Anyway, I'm actually surprised DA got a B- considering he almost lost the team at mid-season and MT, and likely a few others, clearly don't like him.

• They provide a family room at the stadium
  • They provide daycare on gamedays
  • Some players say their families find it hard to get answers to questions or information that they need
Third one I can understand. The first two is just reeks of entitlement.

Backtrack.... Maybe I need to backtrack this. I understand it is hard to have kids to stay still in a small space watching a game. A proper kids space would be nice to have.

Last edited:
Speaks to two things possibly…1. our coach is rated low compared to his peers, and 2. many of our players aren’t afraid to let the world know and let HIM know that they don’t think he is very good.

Pretty sure defying a direct order and then the entire locker room being in support of it was a message sent loud and clear to DA and the Front Office that things had to change.

That message was clearly heard because nearly the entire offensive coaching staff was let go. I believe Clancy Barone was the only offensive coach to survive the purge.

Third one I can understand. The first two is just reeks of entitlement.

Meh, it's the kind of thing good employers do. As as far as the room for families, can you imagine the amount of abuse the wives/kids of some players get from drunk fans? i.e. the Carr family. I can see where the players might want a room where family can go before the game or to get away from obnoxious fans.

Last edited:
Meh, it's the kind of thing good employers do. As as far as the room for families, can you imagine the amount of abuse the wives/kids of some players get from drunk fans? i.e. the Carr family. I can see where they players might want a room where family can go before the game or to get away from obnoxious fans.

Yep. Most of these guys don’t live here, and don’t have family members here to watch their kids during games.

I don’t see how that poster thinks this is “entitlement.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom