Saints Report (1 Viewer)

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
I posted this in another thread, but feel it necessary to share it with all. It is edited to make it both more digestible and less confrontational, which, I think, is the whole point. Peace!

<B>This is directed to anyone who feels the need to belittle our team or moderators, and is not meant to attack anyone in particular.</B>

One should remember that this is a PRIVATE website that is funded entirely out of the pocket of Andrus, its creator. Many of us have bought into his vision, and this has become the largest and most successful of all Saints fan websites. he pays for all of the equipment and servers himself. Additionally, it is one of the classiest and best run fan forums on the Internet. Surf around and you will see. One of the things that has kept it classy, is the work done by our moderators to disallow the kind of name calling and language that is prevalent on many of the other boards.

Many of us try to help Andrus in a number of ways, primarily donations and becoming subscribing members. Usually, the people who complain the loudest about ads, (you don't see them if you are a subscriber), the moderators, (all volunteers to keep the peace), and the inability to criticize players openly, (many players have family here on the board), are people who do nothing to help further the board, i.e., donating or subscribing. While it is ok to say the defense is terrible, it is not ok to say, "Player X sucks." Even then, it helps not to show negativity all the time. This is just common decency, and separates us from the bottom feeders of the Internet.

This board started from a very meager and tight knit community, and as it grew, members wished to keep the original feel and family friendly aspects of the original. Its success and growth is a testament to the way it has been run. No one is required to be here, and if one doesn't like the rules, one doesn't have to stay. Everyone is free to go elsewhere for their info.

My suggestion is to read the guidelines listed at the top of the main SSF page for all new posters. Even many of our regular posters have not done so. After reading those and digesting the information listed therein, you may decide this is not the place for you. If you find that you have no problem abiding by the rules, please continue to be a welcome member of the message board. Even better, donate, subscribe, or both, and you will find a great deal of reward in the form of faster service, fewer, if any, ads, and the ability to bypass "the server is busy" message that shows up during peak usage times in case of huge news that often takes place during times of crisis or great success. Examples include the draft, playoffs, big trades, serious injuries, and other big news that can cause the servers to crash.

Andrus has increased the server capabilities at great cost to himself. Those of us who choose to support this great source of Saints info truly reap the rewards. Why not be a bigger part of things? Subscribe. Even a little goes a long way. My monthly pledge of a meager $10 comes out of my PayPal account, and I know that others give much more, but I am doing my small part to help offset the costs to a wonderful gentleman who has gone through much lately.

Thanks for being here, and enjoy all of the many benefits the board has to offer. Join as a subscriber, and you'll get even more.

Ken

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well said, Ken. As a female subscriber I can tell you when I found Saints Report I was so happy. It really is a community and I have been blessed to make friends here, some of whom I met in person at the Chargers game Sunday. That added so much to the experience of the game and I will post more on my blog here on the Blogs forum later after I return home from San Diego.

I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air Saints Report is in contrast to all the other forums at which I tried to find any Saints-related info. Once I found it I was hooked. Not just by the timeliness of info but by the warm welcome I received by so many others here.

Like you, I know one would be hard pressed to find an equal, much less better Saints fans forum. It simply does not exist. :ezbill:

Thanks again to Andrus and the Admins and Moderators for being so diligent in making and keeping this a wonderful place to be! :worthy:

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Placentia, CA but hometown is Gulfport, MS!
Well said, Ken. As a female subscriber I can tell you when I found Saints Report I was so happy. It really is a community and I have been blessed to make friends here, some of whom I met in person at the Chargers game Sunday. That added so much to the experience of the game and I will post more on my blog here on the Blogs forum later after I return home from San Diego.

I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air Saints Report is in contrast to all the other forums at which I tried to find any Saints-related info. Once I found it I was hooked. Not just by the timeliness of info but by the warm welcome I received by so many others here.

Like you, I know one would be hard pressed to find an equal, much less better Saints fans forum. It simply does not exist. :ezbill:

Thanks again to Andrus and the Admins and Moderators for being so diligent in making and keeping this a wonderful place to be! :worthy:
Its my home on the internet, and it was a real pleasure meeting you at the game! :)

Saintster

Through Thick and Thin since 1986
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been here just about everyday since the Iron Era days. Even if it is for 10 min to check news or 2 hours to read threads. Things have changed but they have to especially for us old timers it happens and is to be expected it just has changed in different ways some good some bad. I appreciate Andrus and the mods you guys have been steady and very professional and personable. Thanks SR will always be the best Saints community on the net.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This is a rough time for Saints fans and SR in particular. Just take a few minutes and think before you post, it's not that hard.

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I joined after the Saint main website shut down. I'm glad I was accepted in with open arms. It's a home really. People have passed away, children born and we get to know them in a certain way. We all experience the ups and downs of life together. It's pretty touching if you think about it......really. :bigcry:

Didn't mean to get all sentimental on you guys and gals.

OP
HailStateSaintsFan

HailStateSaintsFan

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I joined after the Saint main website shut down. I'm glad I was accepted in with open arms. It's a home really. People have passed away, children born and we get to know them in a certain way. We all experience the ups and downs of life together. It's pretty touching if you think about it......really. :bigcry:

Didn't mean to get all sentimental on you guys and gals.
It's nice that you can feel that way. Most of the people on the board are indeed like family. That, I think, is what is concerning right now. Most of us don't want to see the board evolve into a free for all, full of degenerates that have no sense of civility. The use of foul language and vitriolic attacks is getting more and more common. I seriously wonder sometimes if it isn't time to go completely to a paid subscription kind of system.

Shemp

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Man, which two miserable dip***** would red thumb this post? That's pretty pathetic.

OP
HailStateSaintsFan

HailStateSaintsFan

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, which two miserable dip***** would red thumb this post? That's pretty pathetic.
The degenerates we are talking about that have lowered the average IQ of the board. That's who.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
this was my question, but it's already up to three.

I'd assume that the mods might have the ability to see who red thumbs things and I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised to see who it was that did it.

some people are only happy if they're miserable and like to make sure that everyone else around them is miserable too so that they're not alone in their misery. that juju don't work on me, so hey...screw 'em.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Andrus Saints Saturday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL Week 2: Cesar Ruiz upgraded on Saints-Raiders injury report SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints at Raiders Friday injury report: Cesar Ruiz full Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Thursday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders... Five New Orleans players listed in Thursday's report SR News Page Articles 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Report: Saints expect Michael Thomas to miss several weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints receiver Michael Thomas expected to miss several weeks: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas has high ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints LB Demario Davis signed 3-year extension before season-opener vs. Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints, Kamara agree to five-year, $75 million contract extension Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints restructure Sheldon Rankins' contract, clearing $4 million in 2020 cap space: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Buccaneers Final injury report: Davenport, Ruiz out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Final Saints-Buccaneers injury report: Mike Evans doubtful for Week 1 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs Buccaneers Thursday injury report: P.J. Williams limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Marcus Davenport, Cesar Ruiz miss practice, P.J. Williams limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints add P.J. Williams to practice report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Buccaneers Wednesday injury report: Marcus Davenport misses practice. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Cesar Ruiz, Marcus Davenport miss Wednesday's practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints News: Saints Injury Report Week 1, Wednesday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saints to have Packers doctor examine Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
RedJem Saints vs Raiders Gameday Updates 9-21-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 If Gregg Williams was Saints DC with the talent they have now... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Dan in Lafayette Saints use Boeing 777 to fly to Las Vegas Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Krodwhodat Saints social media is undefeated Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Best bets for MNF: Saints at Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How to watch, follow Saints vs. Raiders: Get key broadcast information, expert picks, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints C/G Cesar Ruiz will make his NFL Debut SR News Page Articles 0
4 downs (Saints vs. Raiders) Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Emmanuel Sanders on Saints Wide Receivers, Week 2 gameplan | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Terron Armstead on Saints D-line, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Fans are taking over the Vegas Strip Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints sign college teammates Anthony Zettel, Grant Haley to the practice squad Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders: Matchups to Watch SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints practice squad adds two free agents after tryouts SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie LB Zack Baun expected to make NFL debut against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0