Saints Report (1 Viewer)

this was my question, but it's already up to three.

I'd assume that the mods might have the ability to see who red thumbs things and I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised to see who it was that did it.

We do have that ability, and there were actually 4 red thumbs.

I noticed one last night that was from a currently banned member. I deleted it and took away his permission to use the thumbs feature.

The other three? The latest red thumb received was from a member that is obviously still upset for having received an infraction for an offensive reference to a coach/player, etc.

Another from a member that has red-thumbed a few good posts of late.

The other is perplexing. I've met this guy several times, and he is a long time member. I think that maybe he hit the wrong thumb on accident. Or maybe he just disagrees.

Ken... That was a terrific post that was pretty much dead on. It shows that you have keen insight into what we are about. Much appreciated. :9:

I'm relatively new to this board and would like to make a donation.
Which would be the best & easiest way to donate? Feel free to PM if needed.

Thank you.

We do have that ability, and there were actually 4 red thumbs.

I noticed one last night that was from a currently banned member. I deleted it and took away his permission to use the thumbs feature.

The other three? The latest red thumb received was from a member that is obviously still upset for having received an infraction for an offensive reference to a coach/player, etc.

Another from a member that has red-thumbed a few good posts of late.

The other is perplexing. I've met this guy several times, and he is a long time member. I think that maybe he hit the wrong thumb on accident. Or maybe he just disagrees.

Ken... That was a terrific post that was pretty much dead on. It shows that you have keen insight into what we are about. Much appreciated. :9:

Good to know. I was hoping there was a fat finger or two red thumb on a tablet which happens to all of us at one time or another.

I'm not going to pretend like I don't red thumb a lot of posts instead of debating a point that's already been debated to death. It's why I think having the red thumb as well as the green is so important. If there were no red thumb, there would be many arguments that would get out of hand because sometimes you just get so fed up with consistent negativity that you (the hypothetical "you") have to call people out for it, but with the red thumb, having either 100 red thumbs or only 2 out of 100 red thumbs makes it so you don't have a bunch of posts just repeating the OP or a bunch of posts debating the ridiculous OP where everyone is saying the same thing.

I think the thumbs keep the board somewhat more clutter free since you can show your appreciation (or lack thereof) by just clicking a thumb when you don't have much to add and either just agree or disagree (find useful/don't find useful).

And to all of the mods/admins/whatevers on this board: thank you for doing all you do to keep this place up to the standards that made most of us join in the first place. It's a thankless job, I'm sure, since I notice there's always more complaining about moderation than there is adulation. With the slow start to the season, I'm sure it's been hell to moderate these threads after a loss (and apparently even after the first win of the season!).

I'm relatively new to this board and would like to make a donation.
Which would be the best & easiest way to donate? Feel free to PM if needed.

Thank you.

Look up on the top row of buttons at the top of the site. There is a donate button.

Spending just a minute on Carolina Huddle makes me so thankful for the way this site is ran. Thank you Andrus, mods, and everyone else who helps make this site amazing.

Look up on the top row of buttons at the top of the site. There is a donate button.

There is also a subscribe button, which allows you to make a small monthly contribution automatically using paypal. We are getting really low on subscribing members. It would help immensely to get those numbers back up.

There is also a subscribe button, which allows you to make a small monthly contribution automatically using paypal. We are getting really low on subscribing members. It would help immensely to get those numbers back up.

My subscription was stopped because some obnoxious type hacked my PayPal account. I'll get it started again this week.

Good to know. I was hoping there was a fat finger or two red thumb on a tablet which happens to all of us at one time or another.

I'm not going to pretend like I don't red thumb a lot of posts instead of debating a point that's already been debated to death. It's why I think having the red thumb as well as the green is so important. If there were no red thumb, there would be many arguments that would get out of hand because sometimes you just get so fed up with consistent negativity that you (the hypothetical "you") have to call people out for it, but with the red thumb, having either 100 red thumbs or only 2 out of 100 red thumbs makes it so you don't have a bunch of posts just repeating the OP or a bunch of posts debating the ridiculous OP where everyone is saying the same thing.

I think the thumbs keep the board somewhat more clutter free since you can show your appreciation (or lack thereof) by just clicking a thumb when you don't have much to add and either just agree or disagree (find useful/don't find useful).

I would say that just about all of us use those red thumbs. No issues there. I use the red thumbs primarily on ill thought out, and misinformed posts. However, we always run into a few members that go around red thumbing quality posts, for whatever strange reason they might have. That is when it becomes a concern, and where it might be construed as abusing the system if persistent. There are a number of users that have lost that privilege due to such abuse.

I wasn't on the forum during the game (entertaining friends that stopped by to watch). Looks like I chose wisely. I can't imagine the venom that was coming from some posters during the first 50 minutes of that game.

Not to mention, this board has a real core of people who do know some things about football and above all, Saints football history.

My subscription was stopped because some obnoxious type hacked my PayPal account. I'll get it started again this week.

No problem, Bill. Sorry that happened to you.

A lot of the subscriptions stopped due to them just expiring, also. I probably don't state enough how appreciative I am to all of you that have been contributing to SR financially all of these years. Trust me! It means a lot and I know who you all are, and will not forget it.

We should at least have an annual BBQ, Crawfish boil or something similar each year to show appreciation, right?... If we could figure out the logistics, anyway. :)

Ha! I always thought that subscribe button was one for subscribing to a thread. D'oh!

I've now had my paypal account hacked three times in the past two years and just shut the thing down for good. Is there a place one could send a check or money order to you to donate? (Feel free to PM this info to me if you don't want to put it on the board.) I'd like to make another donation soon but don't want to open another paypal account.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom