Saints Report (1 Viewer)

No problem, Bill. Sorry that happened to you.

A lot of the subscriptions stopped due to them just expiring, also. I probably don't state enough how appreciative I am to all of you that have been contributing to SR financially all of these years. Trust me! It means a lot and I know who you all are, and will not forget it.

We should at least have an annual BBQ, Crawfish boil or something similar each year to show appreciation, right?... If we could figure out the logistics, anyway. :)

And do it as a fundraiser as well...I'm sure many members would be willing to contribute to the site at the event! What would be really cool is doing an Endymion party for SR members. Lots of people come to New Orleans for that weekend through Mardi Gras day and could meet a lot of their forum friends they've never met in real life. I live two blocks off the parade route but just moved into a much smaller place than my last. I'd be willing to host in my yard if people are down for making it happen. I have a hookup for live crawfish and oysters as well, so that could be a possibility along with a BBQ.

Just tossing ideas out there for member get togethers.

We do have that ability, and there were actually 4 red thumbs.

I noticed one last night that was from a currently banned member. I deleted it and took away his permission to use the thumbs feature.

The other three? The latest red thumb received was from a member that is obviously still upset for having received an infraction for an offensive reference to a coach/player, etc.

Another from a member that has red-thumbed a few good posts of late.

The other is perplexing. I've met this guy several times, and he is a long time member. I think that maybe he hit the wrong thumb on accident. Or maybe he just disagrees.

Ken... That was a terrific post that was pretty much dead on. It shows that you have keen insight into what we are about. Much appreciated. :9:

I'm glad to do anything I can to help. As a Mississippi teacher, I can't afford much, but I want to make sure that as long as I am using the site, I am contributing to its upkeep. I've only met you twice, at the Jackson training camp held at Millsaps. I don't know if you remember my training camp posts, along with those of others, which were pretty much the only way info on camp could get out before the age of social media. I love my Saints, and you will never know how much I appreciate what you do for all of us. I really miss going to the games, and this is a great part of my 'fix' for the day, every day.

It truly bothers me that there are ingrates with negative opinions about something that they are doing nothing to support, and are only bringing the quality of the board down.

On another note, I didn't contact you during your daughter's trouble, as I assumed you are the kind of person that would have wanted to personally thank everyone, and I felt you had a much more important job at the time. But I wished you all well and said a lot of prayers. I'm not one to be really sentimental, but you are the man. Any time you are in the Jackson area, and need anything, please feel free to ask!

Ken

And do it as a fundraiser as well...I'm sure many members would be willing to contribute to the site at the event! What would be really cool is doing an Endymion party for SR members. Lots of people come to New Orleans for that weekend through Mardi Gras day and could meet a lot of their forum friends they've never met in real life. I live two blocks off the parade route but just moved into a much smaller place than my last. I'd be willing to host in my yard if people are down for making it happen. I have a hookup for live crawfish and oysters as well, so that could be a possibility along with a BBQ.

That sounds awesome! Make it on a weekend, PLEASE. We don't get Mardi Gras off up here in Central Mississippi. When I grew up in Biloxi, we did, and I was always in NOLA. I'm only two and a half hours from NOLA, and would love to come. I really think it should be subscribers only, though.

I would say that just about all of us use those red thumbs. No issues there. I use the red thumbs primarily on ill thought out, and misinformed posts. However, we always run into a few members that go around red thumbing quality posts, for whatever strange reason they might have. That is when it becomes a concern, and where it might be construed as abusing the system if persistent. There are a number of users that have lost that privilege due to such abuse.

I have also noted an inordinate number of posters who red thumb a post but then also write "sorry, my bad....meant to green thumb you...small phone, fat fingers" or some variation thereof. Seems reasonable to me. Heck, I've accidentally red-thumbed when using a herky-jerky, jittery mouse!

But as an idea to alleviate the chances of this happening, may I suggest that the "did you find this post helpful" verbage be placed BETWEEN the 2 thumbs. I would think this would help alleviate that issue with all but the most fat-fingered, tiniest screen posters. And I'm no HTML coder, but it seems like a simple change to implement in a template. Just a suggestion...

The only other comment I'd make about red-thumbing is maybe it shouldn't be anonymous? We can see who green-thumbed posts, and sometimes I'll green-thumb a post even though I disagree with the fella; but I understand his logical, well-thought-out, and elucidated argument. I can respect that, even if I don't agree with the conclusion. Conversely, those red-thumbs are anonymous. And maybe it would cut down on red thumbs if they had to "own" it. Just thinking out loud...

I have also noted an inordinate number of posters who red thumb a post but then also write "sorry, my bad....meant to green thumb you...small phone, fat fingers" or some variation thereof. Seems reasonable to me. Heck, I've accidentally red-thumbed when using a herky-jerky, jittery mouse!

But as an idea to alleviate the chances of this happening, may I suggest that the "did you find this post helpful" verbage be placed BETWEEN the 2 thumbs. I would think this would help alleviate that issue with all but the most fat-fingered, tiniest screen posters. And I'm no HTML coder, but it seems like a simple change to implement in a template. Just a suggestion...

Good idea. I can probably space the thumbs out a bit also. Just have to figure out which one of the 300 odd php files controls that function.

Ha! I always thought that subscribe button was one for subscribing to a thread. D'oh!

I've now had my paypal account hacked three times in the past two years and just shut the thing down for good. Is there a place one could send a check or money order to you to donate? (Feel free to PM this info to me if you don't want to put it on the board.) I'd like to make another donation soon but don't want to open another paypal account.

Sure! I don't mind putting the address up here.

Saintsreport.com
C/O Andrus Whitewing
392 Highway 182
Sunset, La. 70584

That might be a good idea, right there.

That sounds awesome! Make it on a weekend, PLEASE. We don't get Mardi Gras off up here in Central Mississippi. When I grew up in Biloxi, we did, and I was always in NOLA. I'm only two and a half hours from NOLA, and would love to come. I really think it should be subscribers only, though.

Endymion is always the Saturday before Mardi Gras, so you're in luck there!

I can't afford to be a subscriber at this time but do like to try making a contribution annually, so I'd say maybe at least a contributor type thing to get on the list. That way i could go to the event in my yard lol.

I'm glad to do anything I can to help. As a Mississippi teacher, I can't afford much, but I want to make sure that as long as I am using the site, I am contributing to its upkeep. I've only met you twice, at the Jackson training camp held at Millsaps. I don't know if you remember my training camp posts, along with those of others, which were pretty much the only way info on camp could get out before the age of social media. I love my Saints, and you will never know how much I appreciate what you do for all of us. I really miss going to the games, and this is a great part of my 'fix' for the day, every day.

It truly bothers me that there are ingrates with negative opinions about something that they are doing nothing to support, and are only bringing the quality of the board down.

On another note, I didn't contact you during your daughter's trouble, as I assumed you are the kind of person that would have wanted to personally thank everyone, and I felt you had a much more important job at the time. But I wished you all well and said a lot of prayers. I'm not one to be really sentimental, but you are the man. Any time you are in the Jackson area, and need anything, please feel free to ask!

Ken

I really appreciate the sentiments, Ken. I do remember you in Millsaps. I also remember BClemms trying to help me understand NFL defensive terminology, Sean Payton tripping over my foot, and Kenny Wilkerson tracking me down and basically sitting me down to boast about his 100,000 listeners, and how I should therefore start kissing his rump here on SR.. Good times... mostly.

Sean Payton tripping over my foot, and Kenny Wilkerson tracking me down and basically sitting me down to boast about his 100,000 listeners, and how I should therefore start kissing his rump here on SR.. Good times... mostly.
Maybe I wasn't here then, I never read about either of those things. Man, Millsaps was a long time ago.

Been here since 2002 although I did lots of lurking just reading from. The die hard saints fans has been good Whodat Andrus thanks for the site

Great post. Thanks to all who make this site what it is. If there was such a thing as a web home, this would be where I hang my hat. Honestly I don't know what I would do without Saints Report. Where else would I spend all these hours?

And I've looked around at other fan sites trying to find information about players for fantasy purposes. I was kind of shocked at how "off brand" those sites are. That made me appreciate SR.com even more. So again, many thanks. Donation sent.

I would say that just about all of us use those red thumbs. No issues there. I use the red thumbs primarily on ill thought out, and misinformed posts. However, we always run into a few members that go around red thumbing quality posts, for whatever strange reason they might have. That is when it becomes a concern, and where it might be construed as abusing the system if persistent. There are a number of users that have lost that privilege due to such abuse.

Andrus - I'm so grateful you put up with my sorry ***. I love this board. And the mods do a superb job except when they penalize me :mwink: I feel like Rodney Dangerfield - just kidding

But I have clearly noticed a meanness arising on the board. The rude attacks on other board members. The aggressive hurtful abuse of Red Thumbs. Some members are, "You say black and I say white and you are an idiot." I'm afraid this is just the evolution of the internet, avatars instead of personal pictures, fake virtual personas and the cowardly ability to say what one would not dare say to a person if they were face to face.

You mods are amazing, like controlling the drunk masses on Mardi Gras day after a Saints loss. Kudos and thanks.

But Andrus, the biggest single complaint I have is that fake rubber redfish in your avatar :mwink:

Who Dat all. We are brothers and sisters in the Saints family. Even if we finish 4-12 this year, we get to witness one of the 3 greatest QBs of all time.

BTW: Pete is real and he does exist!

This thread taught me Andrus not only stalks our thumbs, but will cut them off.:no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom