Saints Report (1 Viewer)

Good idea. I can probably space the thumbs out a bit also. Just have to figure out which one of the 300 odd php files controls that function.

I have had this issue on my I-phone. I mean to press the green thumb and I press the red thumb for some reason. In some instances when I've tried to increase the font I accidentally hit the red thumb while using my fingers to increase the font. I guess it will take some getting use to because I normally don't use my I-phone to post here but I have as of lately. I'm adjusting now and will notify intended members(P.M) if I make that mistake again.

I have had this issue on my I-phone. I mean to press the green thumb and I press the red thumb for some reason. In some instances when I've tried to increase the font I accidentally hit the red thumb while using my fingers to increase the font. I guess it will take some getting use to because I normally don't use my I-phone to post here but I have as of lately. I'm adjusting now and will notify intended members(P.M) if I make that mistake again.

Try Tapatalk. It isn't without its own challenges, but it make site navigation much easier.

Or you can try the SR mobile skin. Bottom of the page in the left hand corner is a drop down menu that probably reads "SR_Grey_" or "SR_Black". Click it and select "SR_Mobile" and give it a spin.

It never hurts to reiterate and emphasise the value of Saints report so thanks MS. Just imagine what you'd do to get a full view of what's going on with the saints without it. This is especially true for those if us who aren't local. I've not noticed any recent unpleasantness but i tend to avoid threads which look dodgy or hyperbolic.

Good idea. I can probably space the thumbs out a bit also. Just have to figure out which one of the 300 odd php files controls that function.

Done the fat finger thing a dozen times over the years.

Some forum software has the ability to toggle the red/green thumb, which is good for correcting mistakes, also changing one's mind. I can't count the times a knowledgeable post has changed my mind.

Try Tapatalk. It isn't without its own challenges, but it make site navigation much easier.

Or you can try the SR mobile skin. Bottom of the page in the left hand corner is a drop down menu that probably reads "SR_Grey_" or "SR_Black". Click it and select "SR_Mobile" and give it a spin.

I'm going to give this a try on my phone.

I notice that the thumbs have been spread out a little so it's already easier when I'm on the tablet.

Kudos to you guys fixing that and making fat fingers less of an issue on mobile devices.

I would say that just about all of us use those red thumbs. No issues there. I use the red thumbs primarily on ill thought out, and misinformed posts. However, we always run into a few members that go around red thumbing quality posts, for whatever strange reason they might have. That is when it becomes a concern, and where it might be construed as abusing the system if persistent. There are a number of users that have lost that privilege due to such abuse.

Not to hijack the thread, but the abuse of red thumbs can become a pain at times. I've seen situations where a particular user (who is considered a troll by the mass) is red thumbed regardless of what he/she posts.

I've also noticed situations where a poster would start a particular post by saying "red thumb me if you want" and sure enough the red thumbs will follow.

I know out of many things to monitor, red thumbs have to be the least of them, but at times it can get frustrating.

Thanks for the input! I'll give it a try.

But as an idea to alleviate the chances of this happening, may I suggest that the "did you find this post helpful" verbage be placed BETWEEN the 2 thumbs. I would think this would help alleviate that issue with all but the most fat-fingered, tiniest screen posters. And I'm no HTML coder, but it seems like a simple change to implement in a template. Just a suggestion...

I spaced the thumbs out a bit and put the "Did you find this post useful" text between the thumbs as you suggested. Hopefully that will eliminate the issue.

I spaced the thumbs out a bit and put the "Did you find this post useful" text between the thumbs as you suggested. Hopefully that will eliminate the issue.

Very nice.

Impossible to fat finger the wrong thumb now. Things like this are why this site is so awesome. A little dialogue is brought up in a thread about common courtesy as fans towards each other. It evolves into a somewhat productive discussion about how to improve some things with the site. An improvement is suggested and literally less than 3 days later is already put into play, making the thumbs easier to hit when using a mobile device.

Thanks, big guy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom