Saints requested to interview Byron Leftwich (1 Viewer)

Relax, they are asking for an interview, they are not offering the job.

I think Leftwich will end in Jacksonville, we will request an interview with Bienemy next week, and still Allen will get the job.
I was relaxed until you brought up Bienemy. Yuck.

Here's what I will say. I follow Pittsburgh in the AFC and I remember when Bill Cowher stepped down, there were several good HC candidates in the building - Ken Whisenhunt, Russ Grimm, Dick LeBeau, etc.

I was stunned when they hired Mike Tomlin (who???) but it worked out very well. Tomlin is still there and Wizz and Grimm both failed elsewhere. LeBeau hung it up a few years ago but he was kept around by Tomlin for continuity sake.

I'd say 15 years later it worked out fine for the Steelers.
Every case is different. I trust they will make the best decision.

But really I can't see anyone building a better staff than the one we currently have.

Be careful what you wish for. Change for sake of change is not a good idea.

Every case is different. I trust they will make the best decision.

But really I can't see anyone building a better staff than the one we currently have.

Be careful what you wish for. Change for sake of change is not a good idea.

And continuity for continuity's sake is not a good idea. The right choice is to interview as many people as possible and pick the guy you think is the best. That could be Dennis Allen or it could be someone from the outside. But whoever it is, I hope they hire him because they think he is the best HC for the job, not because they are hoping to keep things the same. Frankly, it's nearly impossible to keep things the same even if you have the same people. It's impossible to keep things the same if the leader of that group is gone. So, things are going to change no matter what you do. The key is finding the guy who will make the right changes.

Personally, i like Leftwich & of the young HC candidates i think he’d be the best by far. Not only was he a good, not great, but gritty QB in his playing days, but he’s been mentored by & been part of some legit coaching staffs. “If” he became our guy, i wouldnt be mad at all. That being said, im all for our in house guys, especially DA.

I wouldn't blame any head coach going to J-ville making it a condition that Baalke was out. Guy ran Harbaugh out of San Francisco which turned the 49ers into a joke, then is promoted by the Jags to GM & hires Urban Meyer.

I don't think you're going to get an interview with Bienemy anytime soon unless the Bengals send KC home this weekend.

If Leftwich forced Baalke out, that makes him a better candidate. That's a boss move.

Not as boss a move as being one of the most recognizable people in sports, staying behind after your team plays an away game to go to a restaurant that you own, and getting to third base in the middle of said restaurant with a spicy little number who is not your wife but is the same age as your daughter.

Not as boss a move as being one of the most recognizable people in sports, staying behind after your team plays an away game to go to a restaurant that you own, and getting to third base in the middle of said restaurant with a spicy little number who is not your wife but is the same age as your daughter.

Okay, you sold me. Urban Meyer is clearly the best choice for the Saints' next head coach.

What do we not like about Bienemy?
We missed the window now it's a wait unless they lose. The time of this does not put us in the best position because we're basically starting after the other teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom