Saints requested to interview Byron Leftwich (1 Viewer)

If he demands that here, then no way....if not then I'm interested....
It's too late, he got the job because they caved. I do not think he would have requested that here but with the Jags it makes sense.

Not as boss a move as being one of the most recognizable people in sports, staying behind after your team plays an away game to go to a restaurant that you own, and getting to third base in the middle of said restaurant with a spicy little number who is not your wife but is the same age as your daughter.

Not as boss a move as being one of the most recognizable people in sports, staying behind after your team plays an away game to go to a restaurant that you own, and getting to third base in the middle of said restaurant with a spicy little number who is not your wife but is the same age as your daughter.
Who are you talking about? Byron or Urban.

Urban.

I don't think I've ever even heard negative rumors about Byron going back to Marshall.

The main thing I recall about Byron is a game at Marshall where I think he had a broken bone in his foot (or some kind of lower leg injury) and he refused to come off the field. Dude had his offensive linemen carrying him to the line of scrimmage for the next play. If I recall correctly, they were in a hurry up offense at the time. Dude is tough and committed.

I'll be extremely upset if we make DA our HC.
Ill be upset if we make him the coach based off of the previous regime thinking we are somehow continuing Payton's legacy, it would be a poor hire in that regard, but if he has a plan and you see some shake up in the coaching staff, namely on the offensive side then I'd be more of a believer in the move because he obviously sold Loomis on his vision and was not just handed the keys because of the previous coach.

Yeah, I'm confused here. It wasn't so much "boss" as "completely and utterly stupid".
I thought the boss comment was referencing Byron sticking to his guns over player personnel control and demanding the ouster of one of the staff who the Jags apparently just fired, presumably to agree with Leftwich and hire him. Pretty ballsy ask for someone who has no head coaching experience.

That’s incredibly cynical. Leftwich was a pro QB, turned QB coach, turned OC. He’s worked with at least two hall of fame QBs. Besides Aaron Glenn gets them under the Rooney rule. Why can’t they see Leftwich as an actual fit?
I didnt know about glenn. maybe not then. i think theyre still going allen and thats been the guy since tuesday. they just cant say it yet.

I can't argue with him wanting that but it's a hard ask for a first-time new coach.
I hear you, but I would bet that Byron thinks he is maybe a top 3 candidate for multiple teams and it would be in his best interest to NOT get saddled with a GM/Front Office that cannot scout and sign good talent from the Draft, UDFA pool, and regular free agency.

In contrast, if Leftwich is actually interested in the Saints job, he might look at the stability and success of Loomis, Ireland, and Hartely as a huge asset in respect to the Saints job. If you have a stable and successful front office that has proven they can build great offenses and defenses, that is the most you can ask for. Putting that condition on the Jags was likely a fail safe to protect himself from getting stuck on a bad team that cannot identify the players needed to build a playoff roster.

I don't think you're going to get an interview with Bienemy anytime soon unless the Bengals send KC home this weekend.
I think he took a day last week to interview for a job. Maybe the first interview was on Zoom, but I think that Andy is letting Eric talk/meet with other teams. The best way to keep a revolving door of elite assistant coaches is to accommodate their efforts to move up the ranks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom