Saints resign Justin Drescher to 4 year contract (merged) (1 Viewer)

He was not tendered and not worth a tender because long snappers typically do not even make the tender amount. So, why burden the cap when they typically are not in high demand and not paid that much?

awesome. i was wondering why they didnt tender him.

Because even the lowest tender is $1.3 million. If you're a long snapper you might injure yourself trying to rush and find a pen to sign that deal as soon as possible :hihi:

Justin is happy to be back with THE LEG.

Justin Drescher ‏@jdrescher88
Back for 4 more years! Thanks for all well wishes and support #Whodatnation Y'all are the best fans in the game! #WhoDat

Justin Drescher ‏@jdrescher88
“@thomasmorstead: CONGRATS @jdrescher88 #4MoreYears #WhoDat #Saints 4 more years with the best punter in league! "Here to serve you" ha

I don't get twitter's format. So is that The Leg acknowkedging that he, himself, is the best punter in the game? Or is it the LS saying that?

No, Morstead replied "Congrats" in response to Drescher saying he was back with the best punter in the league and here to serve him (Morstead)

According to league source the Saints have resigned RFA LS Justin Drescher to a new 4 year contract.

This is huge. The pieces are falling into place. First "Sackmaster"Smith, now the LS. We are set! On to the SB!

Because even the lowest tender is $1.3 million. If you're a long snapper you might injure yourself trying to rush and find a pen to sign that deal as soon as possible :hihi:

So if we didnt tender him cause 1.3 million for a year is too much, what are we expecting his contract to be?

EDIT: just came off making 540k, 2nd lowest paid player on the roster last year.

doesn't he backup @ Center as well? OR am i thinking someone else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom