Saints resign PJ Williams (1 Viewer)

Depth move.

Solid back-up has experience starting at Boundary Corner, Nickel, and Safety. Knows Dennis Allen's system, literally no downside to this signing and it does not preclude the Saints from Drafting a young Corner; this is just insurance to bolster depth.

I like it. I feel better about our Secondary with him coming back. He's a proven player. The staff knows what they have in him and he provides some versatility.

And at times he's actually been pretty good. He'll turn 27 in June so he's in his prime. I'll take it.

I like it. I feel better about our Secondary with him coming back. He's a proven player. The staff knows what they have in him and he provides some versatility.

And at times he's actually been pretty good. He'll turn 27 in June so he's in his prime. I'll take it.

Yep. I think before this we had to draft a CB. Now they can afford to sit back and only draft one if the right CB falls to them.

Only thing really left to do before the draft at this point is to get a solid depth LB that won't be a disaster if he has to play.

Right people need to think about it this way if either Marshon or Janoris get dinged up during this season and have to miss a few games, Patrick Robinson would have been the next guy up to be a starting Outside Corner.

This way you have a guy who your Defense is familiar with who has actually filled in for Marshon before when his hamstring issues occasionally flare up, and done an "Okay" job of filling in rather than a complete unknown.

Saints are doing this Off-season right
Sanders signing to not need to feel forced to Drafting a WR right away
bring back Peat so you're not forced to Draft a Guard early
bring PJ back to bolster Corner depth so you don't feel locked into taking a Corner Round 1.

You can now just sit back in the Draft and let it come to you, and take the best Player on the board without feeling pressured into an area of need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom