Saints Restructure Brees' Contract (10,8 cap space) MERGED (1 Viewer)

Whoa. What happens to this cap number if Drew retires?

I was under the impression that this is the last year of Brees’ contract. Did he just take a paycut?

Not sure I am following.

Does anybody have any idea what's the salary cap like after all of our signings SO FAR???

It stays the same, or Loomis makes another adjustment. Probably stays the same, as there is a work stoppage expected during this next collective bargaining negotiation, and the potential for a single uncapped year to clear any dead money they may have off of the books.

Does anybody have any idea what's the salary cap like after all of our signings SO FAR???
They had $10 million, signings pushed that down to probably just under $4 million, this adds another $10 million, so I'd say they have $13 million and some change to work with.

If we end up signing Cook and Bridgwater I’ll call it a successful off season besides the Ingram let down. If we can also get Ansah it will be a very good off season overall with our limited cap.

Appears it works as if he was cut and the June 1 rules apply

However if TB is signed and works out as the replacement Brees cap hits would be the same as signing a high dollar FA QB - of course the TB contract is added to that total

If TB doesn’t work out we would have slot of money in the QB position with no QB earning that pay

Assuming this is Drew’s last year

Ugh. I don’t like that cap number for Drew next year with him not even under contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom