Saints restructure Davis/Cam. Free up $13.4 million (1 Viewer)

If Kwon is injured, does his salary count against the cap? I remember reading somewhere, I think, that PUP players don't count against the cap. I could be wrong.

I don't know exactly where we are at. I just looked at our numbers on over the cap. According to them we are at 61 million an change. IDK if that includes these two contract restructures or not. From that website it looks like there are plenty more moves to make.

Can you imagine how busy that front office is right now lol,.

But but the Saints are in cap purgatory and the franchise mismanaged the cap
Well, they do. But they learn to live with the consequences.

One of them, lack of flexibility to lay the free agent market. Another one to have current money committed to future years.

It is a matter of philosophy. Some people like living and even betting with credit money. Cost of opportunity.

The good piece as of now is that according to the Over The Cap site, we are only living with 6 million of dead money.

Well, they do. But they learn to live with the consequences.

One of them, lack of flexibility to lay the free agent market. Another one to have current money committed to future years.

It is a matter of philosophy. Some people like living and even betting with credit money. Cost of opportunity.

The good piece as of now is that according to the Over The Cap site, we are only living with 6 million of dead money.

Not really. They structure contracts with many of these mechanisms already built in. So it makes it easy to perform these restructures.

“Mismanagement” would imply that they somehow botched the situation. It’s the opposite: they bleed dry every dollar and take advantage of every loophole possible to put the best teams on the field.

You don’t get bonus points for not using your $.

Not really. They structure contracts with many of these mechanisms already built in. So it makes it easy to perform these restructures.

“Mismanagement” would imply that they somehow botched the situation. It’s the opposite: they bleed dry every dollar and take advantage of every loophole possible to put the best teams on the field.

You don’t get bonus points for not using your $.

They actually received around 4.5 million unspent money for the cap this year.

I am not saying they are mismanaging. They are the best using the current rules.

My philosophy is just different. Even when spending all cap money, I would prefer to keep future commitments in balanced contracts, not pushing the figures to the end of terms.

The thing to avoid is dead money and as much f now the figure is manageable. But we should not forget that at some point we had to purge the roster for cap hits of players we hired with the credit card like Curtis Lofton.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom