Saints reveal new black helmet (merged) (2 Viewers)

The FDL is way too small and nowhere near the size of the black FDL on the gold helmet.

The black helmet should be a black version of the gold helmet with a solid gold FDL the same size as the black FDL. Not a yellowish FDL. Hopefully they adjust the size before it’s used.
This. Just give me the DP era helmets. They were absolutely perfect. The gold, the FDL. Why they ever changed it is beyond me. But now they're making the FDL even smaller? And to top it off they threw in an inexplicable stripe of even smaller FDLs down the middle.

It looks like one of those concept helmets you see where they make it too busy. This should've been an easy project. They should be alright for all black everything but dear god, keep them away from the all whites.

It's nice

I would like to see solid black pants with thick gold stripe down the outside of each leg. Solid black jersey’s with gold numbers outlined in white. Solid gold piping around the collar and gold rings around the sleeves at the opening of the sleeve.

Ms B just called & said,"Get off MY lawn".
Take a chill pill. Some of you are acting like they took your personal helmet & crushed it w/your dreams! It's NOT replacing the awesome(obviously) gold, just for a couple of times this year. Be thankful, at least we aren't GB or Pit, w/their alternative stuff(insert puke emoji,lol).

I think they look good, all of it. I like the fleury(Medieval heraldic term) center treatment. I'd rather see that black helm weekly than anytime they wear the white longjohns(that have NOTHING to do w/the team colors of Black/Gold). That's a personal preference, but I certainly won't ruin my day over it.

I am making a new bass soon & already have the neck(mostly) as a Saints tribute. I was gonna finish the body like the '69 pre-Season helmet. I may have to rethink. Maybe try to reproduce the Fleur-des-lye field on the back, w/gold leaf, rather, than the stripe.

It's the 21st c, folks. Styles change, younger fans have different style sensibilities(we dinosaurs are starting to become extinct,lol).

Should we go back to no facemask or those crazy plexiglass ones? Maybe just leather?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom