Saints reveal new black helmet (merged) (2 Viewers)

Not a fan. We have an iconic gold helmet that has stood the test of time. No reason(even on a one off) to change it. When the NFL got rid of the one shell rule, I was excited because I was excited to see Tampa's Creamsicles, Philly's Kelly Green, New England's Patriot Pat, etc. which I hope we get. If so, I guess I take the good with the bad. I just hope the NFL doesn't wind up like college football where teams don't wear uniforms anymore, they wear a different costume every week.

Now get off my lawn while I yell at the clouds.
I thought I was the only one that unironically liked the Tampa creamsicle uniform.

I like it just because we finally get the black helmet back.

But honestly, the design is kind of weak. It looks cheap. The striping looks like a napkin from a dollar tree saints party supply kit. Some of the fan-made black helmets I've seen here look better.

It'll look good with the black on black but the gold helmets and rush unis should not be messed with. That combo is iconic at this point.

On top of the new wave center "stripe", I'm noticing the fleur-de-lis looks really cheap. It's like a clip art logo copied and pasted onto a faux Photoshop.

Why not this one, but with a gold-white-gold center stripe and black face mask?

images

Not surprising at all that the opportunity for a completely sick black helmet is there for the taking, yet they completely botch it with THIS atrocity.

Like already stated, the "mohawk" stripe is a straight ripoff from the Seahawks 2012 helmet redesigns with a fleur-de-lis subbed in for the feathers on Seattle's helmets. Ditch that in favor of a white/gold/white stripe or gold/white/gold stripe and make that fleur-de-lis more metallic gold and we're done.

That helmet and the Color Rush uniforms never need to be paired again because it's borderline sacreligious to have anything but the traditional gold helmet with those perfect uniforms.

This shot looks much better than the original pictures for me ...looks tougher just not with the color rush uniforms the gold helmet compliments that. Just don't make it permanent it would be a sin to get rid of the gold.
Yeah I think it needs the black trim on the uniform along with the black pants. This looks good

When NFL fans outside of Saints Nation overall agree that it looks great, then you know it looks good. Fans usually look for a reason to hate on other teams

I don't like it at all. Now, we're trying to be like the falcons. Yuck. The Saints have Gold helmets.

Seriously!

What the Fork! is this black helmet on all white jerseys? Really don't understand why we wouldn't wear these with all the all black unis.
So I read on IG (don't know how true this is) but the NFL has a rule that you can only wear secondary helmets with secondary uniforms.

Meaning we'll only see our black helmets with our color rush, white-white, and white/black combo.

Now I don't know how true that is but I would also question wouldn't black/gold, white/gold be our traditional uniform combo's?? Unless over the years we've made black/black another primary uniform combo. We do wear that on the regular ever Payton came on 2006.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom