Saints, Richard “part ways.” (1 Viewer)

The hiring of DA was the start of the end of our run of competiveness. Absolute garbage. I'm losing my faith in Loomis too. If he can't see the disaster that DA is after having a full season then maybe it's time for him to step down. Seriously.

I can see where we would hire someone internally. I can also see where it may be our only option.

DA should not be developing DBs at this point. He's the CEO, so he needs to captain the ship and let his coordinators do their thing. I wouldn't be concerned with DA dabbling in the defensive details if he was knocking it out of the park as the head coach, but that .283 career winning percentage screams that he should be looking inward for someone to develop.
I agree, I wish he had that same cold heartedness towards the top of the offensive staff like he does with the defensive staff. The defense is Allen’s baby so it seems he’s quick to make changes there for that side to stay perfect to his likening. But he has some weird loyalty to the guy making decisions on offense, which ultimately affects whether he wins games or not as a HC.

Last edited:
Later.

Something is off, but based on Richard's history his defenses don't get better. It could be a difference in philosophy as well. It doesn't matter what y'all think of DA as a HC, he does know defense and DBs.

From 2012-2014 Seattle had the #1 defense with Gus Bradley (2012) and Dan Quinn (2013-2014). Richard took over in 2015 where it remained #1 then it fell to #3 in 2016 and #14 in 2017 when he was fired after the season.

Using a double standard, again. Youll give Allen excuses for injuries....and punish Richard for the same thing.

That seattle defense was built around the secondary. And in 2017 both Sherman and Chancellor spent nearly the entire 2nd half of that season on IR. Half the legion of boom. Finishing 11th in yards, 13th in scoring. His 3 years he finished 1, 3, and 11 in total yards.

Dennis Allen finished 11th or worse in YPG in 5 of his 7 years as Saints DC.

A bit unfair to Richard.

All of the coaches who made DA defense great are running for the hills. You can’t make this stuff up, good thing DA calls the defense right.

I agree, I wish we had that same cold heartedness towards the top of the offensive staff like he does with the defensive staff. The defense is Allen’s baby so it seems he’s quick to make changes there for that side to stay perfect to his likening. But he has some weird loyalty to the guy making decisions on offense, which ultimately affects whether he wins games or not as a HC.
Yep, agreed as well.

Down to one DC (DA) and no OC (Pete is not one). Well, we have a new culture which no one wants to be a part of. As soon as free agency opens up, watch for a player exodus. So much for continuity. Payton provided the leadership and these jokers are not capable. Dennis is what Dennis was with the Raiders. A losing head coach. He won't win more games next year as his 7 wins will be his high water mark for his career. Pete had to be talked into the job because he was not confident he could get it done. He was right. It is going to be a long next number of years. The Saints' "Golden age" is behind us. All the "Trust in Loomis" was wrong. It was Payton that made it happen. The wrong guys are parting ways. Trading or letting go the wrong players has hurt. Hindsight is 20/20, but damn. I was optimistic at the beginning of the year, but that was certainly misplaced. Talk about being wrong. Unless there is a miracal, we be returning to the laughing stock of old.

I agree, I wish we had that same cold heartedness towards the top of the offensive staff like he does with the defensive staff. The defense is Allen’s baby so it seems he’s quick to make changes there for that side to stay perfect to his likening. But he has some weird loyalty to the guy making decisions on offense, which ultimately affects whether he wins games or not as a HC.
Agree. It seems as if they’re banking on a new run game coordinator and (perhaps) a new QB changing things.

Maybe they’ll be right. I’m hopeful, but not exactly optimistic.

Saints are truly on the verge of being disfunctional. This is something you do two weeks ago. It’s not something you do after you lose a coach to a division rival.

2 weeks ago was when SP was able to start in-person interviews. He just got traded yesterday which answered the biggest question of what compensation we would get for him. Now the FO can start making moves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom