Saints' Roman Harper looking forward, not in rearview mirror (1 Viewer)

That sounds like it could be a goodbye, but then it could be just a goodbye to last season...

I have a strange feeling we won't cut ties with Harper.
But what do I know, we'll see soon hopefully.

That sounds like it could be a goodbye, but then it could be just a goodbye to last season...

What about this

Some recent news reports have suggested the Saints may ask Harper - who is set to make as much as $5.35 million for the 2013 season as part of a four-year, $28 million contract he signed in July of 2011 - may be asked by the team to restructure his contract. Other reports have suggested the Saints my release him.

"I don't worry about it. I know the ins and outs of my contract and I feel very confident about where I stand and where I'm at and I know my coaches feel the same way,'' he said when asked about the possibilities. "So until my agent calls me and tells me something different, I'm just going to go out and play golf every day until we begin workouts.''

Says goodbye?

That screams to me "I don't think I'll be asked to redo my contract".

And personally, I don't think he will be either.

how true- always looking forward at the TE that just blew by him and never looking back for the ball on the way to a PI call...

Hmmm. I saw the other thread about Payton's interview and he wasn't mentioned. :scratch:

That's probably cuz he isn't even being thought of as a potential cut

Harper is a team leader. He's vital to the teams successes. Payton knows this...it's time some posters here start learning that

He has a ton of dead money otherwise he would be gone. He better play better this year or he will have a lot of time to perfect that swing.

Is this article well written? Anyway, personally I believe that given the current salary implications, Harper is likely to stay a Saint in 2013. That is unless of course, someone is brave enough to take on his salary in a trade that the front office works out.

Who knows? RR could get the most out of Harper, without having his main weakness exploited not quite as often.

Why is he playing golf? That gray hair is getting up him. He should be working on his cover skills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom