Saints' rookie John Jenkins transitioning to NFL (nola article) (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
While playing the same position in the same defensive scheme may make things simpler for Saints third-round draft pick John Jenkins, the transition from life as a college defensive lineman to that of the professional ranks doesn't lack obstacles.

"I mean, it's a big step, college into the professional world," Jenkins said. "But the (other defensive linemen) are helping me out a lot. I can't ask for a better group of guys.

"The guys are really showing me the ropes, showing me how to do things, work with me on and off the field."

New Orleans Saints' rookie John Jenkins transitioning to NFL | NOLA.com
Rooting for this kid I hope he can come in and wreck shop in the trenches.

Wreck shop?

<table id="entries"><tbody><tr><td class="index">1. </td> <td class="word" data-defid="887428"> wreck shop Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more

</td> <td class="tools" id="tools_887428"> 134 up, 23 down </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td class="text" colspan="3" id="entry_887428"> 1. (verb)- the act of destruction upon anything
2. (verb)- describing a state of complete annihilation and own-age
3. As a substitution for the word rally, "I'm going to go in there and wreck shop on those fools" as opposed to "I'm going in to rally them"
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Urban Dictionary: wreck shop

:hihi:

He will definitely get the opportunities because Bunkley will need someone in a rotation with him.

you'll know if he beasts because he'll make Lofton and Vilma have an awesome year. I'm just hoping that Jenkins and Hicks spell the end of our run defense woes. If they can't run on us, that'll put our defense in excellent position to make plays on 3rd and longs. I have a lot of faith that he is the guy we need.

I will just be excited if he gets in there as a 1st and 2nd down clog the middle guy. At least that is what I took from the article when Johnson said he may be a factor in the pass rush later in the year

Everyone is talking about him being a true 3-4 nose tackle and I understand why we would want him primarily in the middle of everything, but isn't this guy capable of playing on the end in a 3-4 as well? I'm loving the idea of both him and Hicks being wild cards moving all over the line. The opposing O-line has to re-evaluate every call based on where a guy like he or Hicks is because they have to be conscious of the possibility of needing help in that gap because one on one is usually a liability.

I'm going to give him a year to mature, not expecting the world out of him this year, but long-term I think we got a good one. I'm just mainly looking for some solid play at the DT position.

Not expecting much from him this year. It's rare you see interieor DLinemen make much of an impact their first year.

And even though he is looked at as a run plugger. I thought he was a very quick mover for a man his size and showed got burst. Just needs to work on conditioning. Also, I noticed he played a lot of 5-tech at GA. Wonder if we plan to mix it up with him or he will be simply a nose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom