Saints rookie Mack hopes hard lessons at Notre Dame pay off (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1558536994698.png

By The Associated Press | WTOP

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Rookie tight end Alize Mack thinks playing with Drew Brees in New Orleans’ prolific offense will help him fulfill the potential he never realized at Notre Dame.

“This offense really allows me to put my talents on display. And that’s why I’m really excited. That’s why I really wanted to come here,” said Mack, who went from one of the highest rated tight ends in the country coming out of high school to an underachieving college player who nearly didn’t get drafted.

“They’re using me to stretch the field here, and they’re using me as a mismatch in the routes that I’m running,” Mack said following Saints rookie camp last week. “It’s just to go out there and be a playmaker, use my athletic ability.”

This week, the 6-foot-4, 249-pound Mack is getting his chance to run pass routes against veteran defensive backs, as opposed to the rookies and tryout players on the field last week. So there remains much to prove, and coach Sean Payton made it clear Mack cannot rely on a change of scenery alone to improve his fortune.

Full Story - WTOP

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom