Article Saints rookies try to tackle crawfish (1 Viewer)

You must come to Acadiana for the best boiled crawfish and authentic cajun cuisine. Hell, Lafayette even has better poboys, and that's not exactly rice and gravy or a dish originating in Acadiana.

Just saying you probably aint had it from someone that's made it to please real cajuns, so reserve some of your judgement ?

• 1Like
Reactions: RMD
I have this friend who cooks the best shrimp and crawfish I’ve ever had. He uses the normal stuff like mushrooms and lemons and whole cloves of garlic. What makes his so good is he uses a small amount of lemon oil. This stuff really brings out the flavor. I know Drago’s claims to have the best bite of food in the city. But if you take some of the garlic from the boil and one crawfish tail, put that on a ritz cracker that to me is the best bite of food around.

Is it just me, or are Morten Andersen and Mike D slowly becoming the same person?

I'd put my skills up against anybody as far as speed goes. I usually start out by drinking 6-7 beers, then I concentrate on the task at hand. Normally I eat around 25 lbs no problem.

Years ago, I had moved to Charleston, SC. They had a crawfish festival, so I went. They were selling a styrofoam plate for $15 each. I told the guy doing the cooking that was a RIP off and a tease. He asked where I was from, I told him Kinder, LA. He told me to come back later and hed hook me up. Said they underseasoned the crawfish si they wouldnt kill any locals. He ended up giving me 50 lbs to take home... for free.

Also told me to go enter the crawfish eating contest at the grand stand. It was a tournament format, how many you could eat in 60 seconds per round. No meat left in the tail and you had to suck the heads. Grand prize, $250... Easiest $250 I made in my life.

It’s a good first test I guess. If they can’t tackle crawfish they probably won’t be good at tackling ball carriers.

Isn't Jambalaya supposed to be on the "dry" side, like a dirty rice dish.

Now, crawfish etouffee (crawfish tail-stew over white rice) can have a sauce that can be brownish and roux-like.

Yes jambalaya is a rice dish similar to west african jolof rice.

Never seen any sauce associated with jambalaya but I guess the recipe has expanded?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom