Article Saints rookies try to tackle crawfish (1 Viewer)

Brown and Mushy? Maybe they were dead well before they were dropped into the boil? And they likely weren't cleaned properly, either, if they were brown. Or maybe they were overcooked, as well.

They also may have been frozen and reheated. I have seen places do that in Virginia and Pennsylvania. After you do that several times they taste terrible.

They also may have been frozen and reheated. I have seen places do that in Virginia and Pennsylvania. After you do that several times they taste terrible.
Yeah...that sounds like a horrible idea. Thank god I live in SLA where I have access to fresh, live crawfish.

If any of you are ever in Houma, 1921 seafood on Barrow street is THE place to go. We have some really good boilers in our area. But 1921 is the best.

I still don't know how to eat crawfish. First time I tried them was at the Greenbrier in 2015. The meat was brown and mushy. Recently I tried them again and I had no clue how to eat them. Didn't come across white meat like I've seen in videos lol.
damn. whoever boiled those seriously did it wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom