Saints roughly $8.1 million under the cap before the Jenkins/Peat signings (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

That site will show 9.6 million, but the first round pick will eat up right at 1.5 million.

So I would assume most of the 8.1 million is gone.

I would guess were somewhere around $3M in space after we get the numbers from Peat and Jenkins. But I think it’s safe to say we will be reworking Janoris Jenkins deal soon to add some additional cap relief. I also wonder if they will cut Nick Easton after the Peat signing. I just feel like Clapp and Tom are capable backups but still might upgrade in the draft.

Depends on the details of those two contracts. Loomis was courting CB Harris and LB Collins when he knew he had to sign a safety and guard. There should still be enough money to sign a reasonable CB/WR or LB deal. There is always a way to sign a player they covet. CSP and Loomis have both stated as much.

I can't get too worried about it yet. I think the J.Jenkins, Warford and/or Easton contracts could still see some moves. They might even consider something with Davis and Cook in their last year.

I was figuring we'd spend that kind of money on a Safety. I wasn't expecting that huge Peat deal though. Curious how it falls out in the end.

I would guess were somewhere around $3M in space after we get the numbers from Peat and Jenkins. But I think it’s safe to say we will be reworking Janoris Jenkins deal soon to add some additional cap relief. I also wonder if they will cut Nick Easton after the Peat signing. I just feel like Clapp and Tom are capable backups but still might upgrade in the draft.

Is Easton a trade candidate vs outright cutting? I like Easton and think he played very well, so I don't think the Saints would cut him. Maybe trade him and his salary if there are suitors? Just something I have not thought of, since I expected Peat to be gone.

You watched that Atlanta home game this past season? Easton being inactive probably the difference between winning and losing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom