Saints Rumors: Russell Wilson confirms he was interested in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1623432950505.png
(Photo by Stephen Brashear/Getty Images)

By Leigh Oleszczak | WhoDatDish

Earlier this offseason, Russell Wilson was the center of trade talks and New Orleans Saints fans were loving it because the Saints were on Wilson’s list of teams he wanted to play for if he wasn’t with Seattle.

Now, of course, as we know, things appeared to be patched up between Wilson and the Seahawks but he spoke to the media on Thursday and said that he didn’t request a trade but was interested in those teams that were listed. Nick Shook of NFL.com provided the following quote:

“I didn’t request a trade. Everything kind of started from there. Obviously, tons of teams were calling and I think that the reality was I didn’t want to go anywhere else, I wanted to play in Seattle. But if I had to go somewhere, these are the teams I would go to or consider. At the end of the day I have a no-trade clause, right?”
Wilson made sure everyone knew that he didn’t want to play anywhere else and he wants to be in Seattle. Still, the fact that he confirmed an interest in playing for the Saints is definitely something to discuss, as this team would be a heavy Super Bowl favorite with Wilson under center.

Full Story - WhoDatDish

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom