Saints running game and Jermon Bushrod (1 Viewer)

gb

Reaction score
The only real difference between the o-line this year and last year is the addition of Bushrod and Goodwin. We will find out whether there is a drop off in the running game without Bushrod. In other words is Bushrod responsible for our good running game as opposed to Jammal Brown who didn't do much in that aspect last year?

King Mello

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Strief's run blocking seems his best asset IMO. so it may be tough to tell.. pass blocking on the other may be what inevitably sees a drop off

djsaint

Reaction score
bushrod

Was just thinking the same thing. Hope Bushrod can return soon because I like Strief coming in on the right side. Strief is a bulldozer, just a little slow for the left side tackle.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why do we start a new thread on this topic every day?

I feel like it's deja vu.

The other "new" thing, as stated a few times now, is that the O-Line said they're actually really practicing running the ball in practice. Instead of it being a small part of the offseason and practice, they really have made running run plays a much bigger part. i.e. they're just doing it a whole lot more.

Also, having Shockey healthy helps. He's a very good blocking TE, as well as catching the ball.

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Goodwin was our center last year as well. Jeff Faine is having a GREAT time in Tampa. LOL... (However, he does have some cash to help him make it through the season. ;) ) Bushrod had a gimpy ankle, and tried to go back in the Buffalo game, but couldn't make it. Streif played well at OT, enough for us to amass 160 rushing yards in the second half. If Bushrod can't go Sunday, it may hurt us in some of our "tackle eligible plays".
I do think that we would be a lot better with Jamaal at left tackle. I am also excited that we have two VERY reliable backups in Streif and Bushrod.

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
it was the coaching staff that was responsible for the running woes last season, not brown

bushrod is not solely responsible for our running game this year but he hasnt hurt it either i dont think, except for that fumble his guy caused against the lions on mike bell

CaliSaint4Life

Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The change in scheme and commitment is the reason for our success running the ball. They simplified the running game and worked on it a lot during the off-season.

MudBugger

Very Banned
Reaction score
I thought there was five offensive lineman to a typical offensive line. When has one lineman make the whole offensive line better?

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
Steve Hutchinson

See Shawn Alexander's career

dont forget all pro mack strong

dont forget all pro lorenzo neal, he left san diego, there goes LTs health

now hutchinson is doing similar things for adrian peterson although AP has shown hes a pretty tough runner without the lines help

Last edited:

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Several points:

1) We led the league in YPC behind the LT. Brown is an excellent run blocker
2) It's a myth that we couldn't run the ball last year. We couldn't run the ball last year early. The second half of the season when Pierre really got some starts we did very well
3) Heath Evans is the real catalyst here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom