Saints running game vs 49ers rush defense. (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The 49ers have given a league worst 32 runs of 10 plus and 11 of over 20 yards this season. The Saints on the other hand of a league low 1 run of over 20 yards and are 30th in the NFL with 3 runs of 10 plus yards.

The Saints are on pace for 30 rushes of 10yards and 2 runs of 40 yards. Compare that to the 2009 and 2011 seasons when the Saints had 51 and 54 runs of 10 plus yards and 14 runs of 20 plus yards both of those seasons

Yes the 49ers rush defense is bad. But some of the credit should go to the teams and RB they faced liked David Johnson, Erizkel Elliot and Leshon McCoy. Plus they faced alot of teams that mobile QB that used the read option.

My worst fear about this game is that the Saints will be try to establish the run and a have few drives that go for 7 to 9 plays 30 to 40 yards and stall around the 49ers 40 yard line cause of a run that stuffed for a 3 yard loss or Brees pass on 3rd down after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down gets batted down at the line of scrimage. And Kapernick will make a play where scramble for like 60 yard run or threw a 80 yard td pas on a broken play. And then Brees frustrated threw a pick on a forced threw cause the Saints are not letting him threw on first down at all cause there trying to establish the run and at halftime were down 21-6

Hey bro, you've put together a couple of negative threads in a row. You seem anxious. Just take a breath and relax. Enjoy the show. Who Dat.

The 49ers are one of worse teams in the league! If we lose to them, it says more about us than them. I don't care if we can't run. I don't care if they can run on us. We shouldn't lose. Maybe I'm just full of myself expecting us to beat them.

The 49ers have given a league worst 32 runs of 10 plus and 11 of over 20 yards this season. The Saints on the other hand of a league low 1 run of over 20 yards and are 30th in the NFL with 3 runs of 10 plus yards.

The Saints are on pace for 30 rushes of 10yards and 2 runs of 40 yards. Compare that to the 2009 and 2011 seasons when the Saints had 51 and 54 runs of 10 plus yards and 14 runs of 20 plus yards both of those seasons

Yes the 49ers rush defense is bad. But some of the credit should go to the teams and RB they faced liked David Johnson, Erizkel Elliot and Leshon McCoy. Plus they faced alot of teams that mobile QB that used the read option.

My worst fear about this game is that the Saints will be try to establish the run and a have few drives that go for 7 to 9 plays 30 to 40 yards and stall around the 49ers 40 yard line cause of a run that stuffed for a 3 yard loss or Brees pass on 3rd down after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down gets batted down at the line of scrimage. And Kapernick will make a play where scramble for like 60 yard run or threw a 80 yard td pas on a broken play. And then Brees frustrated threw a pick on a forced threw cause the Saints are not letting him threw on first down at all cause there trying to establish the run and at halftime were down 21-6
This sounds more like a 5 minutes left on ur break type of thread just to have something to prove on Monday if we loose. I could go on but I only have a minute left. See ya!!

I think we come away with a win! We should start hughtower and let lasco get the back up carries or 3rd down whichever you wanna call it. I say sit Ingram's butt another week to continue teaching him a lesson! He just jsng that guy that will break a long one and take it to the house, he's just not fast enough,but what he is good at is running into the back of a lineman and following the play to the T. He barely ever cuts back and sticks to the ho!e he was called to hit even pf its plugged up tighter than a toilet in a Mexican restrauant on hot chili night,he has NO vision!!

I am very excited to see what lasco can bring us! He's got everything you can ask for in a RB! Just needs the touches!

Bottom line for me though is if Ingram starts and sucks it up and Peyton doesn't immediately bench him we are screwed! We need a healthy dose of hightower and lasco! That's the winning recipe!

Saints fans: Their rush defense sucks. We should be able to run all over them.

49er fans: Their rushing attack sucks. We should finally stop someone.

And those other household names like Fozzy Whittaker and Jacquizz Rodgers who also ran for over 100 yards. Week 1 was the fluke not the parade of 100 yard rushers *every* *single* *week* no matter what the scenario. There are any number of reasons the Saints could fall flat but the 49ers rush defense gets all the credit for their ineptitude.

Rushing defensive stats can get quickly skewed by QB runs. I doubt the '9ers are really that much worse at run defense than other teams ranked around the bottom of the league. The Saints don't have a running QB, so they probably will do reasonably well against the Saints.

But, they give up a ton of points and their pass defense isn't very good either. And last time I checked, the Saints were very, very good at both of these aspects of the game.

So, no, I don't see what you are saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom