Saints Rush offense with Taysom at QB (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
80 rushes for 395 yards. That's almost 5 yards a carry. Last week was really impressive 44 rushes 230 yards considering Saints were down 3 O-Line men and Denver knew the Saints plan after first quarter was to mainly run it.

Denver is a tough nosed team and still kept on battling. I think this week a second battering from N.O in a 3 week span will be too much for the Falcons to handle. The Saints on both offense and defense manhandled and punished Atlanta. If N.O goes with the power run plays alot again, Atlanta towards the end of the second quarter will be worn out and punch drunk.

Last edited:
What I thought was interesting was that Atlanta is better vs the runs that try to get to the edge, but struggles more with power runs right at them (for some reason the Raiders tried a wide pitch on an early 4th and 1 last week; that failed). When the Saints played the Clowns, they ran a good deal outside, al though some were up the gut.
The Broncos were considered stronger up the middle but weaker on the edges... the Saints just ran it right down their throats...

I expect the Saints to line up and attack the middle of the Clowns defense with power runs and Tay-Train... Hopefully, Taysom Hill re-gains some confidence and attacks their weak secondary as well.

No reason the Saints shouldn’t roll if they play their game and stay focused.

I could be wrong, but isn't it statistically true that running QBs tend to help open up the running game more for RBs, too? DEN's RBs did very well in Tebow's season. Ingram had over 1,000 yards with Lamar last year.

I could be wrong, but isn't it statistically true that running QBs tend to help open up the running game more for RBs, too? DEN's RBs did very well in Tebow's season. Ingram had over 1,000 yards with Lamar last year.

probably due to more jumbos and fake handoffs. They help them more if the threat to pass is legit.

I hope we play small ball, which is my favorite when our players are so dominant. Pound them until we catch them loading the box and leaning toward the line, then punish them with darts to Thomas, Sanders, and Smith.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom