Saints rushing defense is unreal (1 Viewer)

The Saints have quietly developed the best defensive line in football. They can stop the run, get pressure without blitzing, and all 4 starters are capable of drawing double teams.

They've been doing it against some of the best competition in the NFL. It's going to get crazy once they start playing the lesser teams if they can keep it going.

Yeah not needing to blitz is such a luxury. And It feels like when we do bring the blitz, it always gets home

I think the blitzing part is a function of how well the front 4 are playing. Offensive lines are straining just to block those four. Adding a blitzer or two is breaking the dam.

Trubisky only had 80 passing yards until those last two drives.

I'm worried about what happened after those 80 yards passing + anything can happen if you give the opponent the chance. This team is a playoff team, even before the season started this season. Not closing out games & having metal lapses will lose a playoff games (like it did last year).

I'm worried about what happened after those 80 yards passing + anything can happen if you give the opponent the chance. This team is a playoff team, even before the season started this season. Not closing out games & having metal lapses will lose a playoff games (like it did last year).
Not when you built a 26 point lead and there is less than 4 minutes to play.

Our run D is great, but it was also kind of bizarre of Matt Nagy to go so pass heavy with a QB like Trubisky. I mean, in the 4th quarter when we'd opened up a multi-score lead, it was understandable, but Nagy really seemed like he planned to lean on Trubisky (an iffy QB when he's healthy, and he was just coming back from a shoulder injury).

17 total rushing yards by the Bears.

20191021_003101.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom