Saints saving money for Colston and Evans? (1 Viewer)

Colston and Evans are both RFAs... that pretty much means they aren't going anywhere. Will Smith isn't listed though... He must have a voidable year after next year.

The Bucs have only spent money on Jeff Faine and few other cheap FAs. You don't think after they flirted with then Saints Franchise player Charles Grant last year, signed Center Jeff Faine this year that they won't hesitate in throwing a huge deal at RFA Marques Colston next year? They need a receiver (they'll most likely draft one) but even if they draft one they'll still need another (Galloway's what, 57?). If they have cap space and Colston doesn't have a deal done I'd be willing to bet that the Bucs throw a deal at Colston that will be next to impossible for the Saints to match. Chucky seems to covet Saints players.....

Last edited:
Colston will and has earned a contract similar to Javon Walker.

Evans deserves a huge pay day as well I can't remember which ESPN analyst it was who called Evans the best OG in the NFL. I know the NFL guys couldn't believe that he was not in the Pro Bowl.

We need to pay them both they are the foundation of this team. Their is nothing worse then watching your team sign free agents and ignore and lose their own guys [Redskins]

It wouldn't suprise me it they tagged Smith next year and then look to trade him. Personally i think it would be ag him would mistake but resigning him would me we would have close to 150 mil worth of contracts going to the DEs. Just not sure if Front oen ffice wants to put that much into one position.
FO has howevwer said they rather pay the big contracts to player who have done it for the Saints instead of ones who have done it on other teaMS.

Colston and Evans are both RFAs... that pretty much means they aren't going anywhere. Will Smith isn't listed though... He must have a voidable year after next year.

Dunno about that... If we don't sign them this year--we leave ourselves open to getting raided by other teams.

What's a proven All-Pro WR gonna be worth to a team like the Giants, Redskins or gawd forbid, dem sneaky Panthers?

(hint) We don't need dose stinkin' draft choices--we're goin' to da Bowl!!!

Seattle thought they were protected with Steve Hutchinson (?) til the Vikings sniped him.

All it takes is several teams to each target ONE guy to gut your team if you leave yourself exposed and then you become the next Fclowns.

Lock 'em up pronto! Muy muy rapido!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom