Saints schedule after Cincy (favorable) (1 Viewer)

xDREWDATX

Rookie
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule after Cincinnati, I’m feeling pretty confident in our quest for HFA considering we only have 1 potential bad weather game for the rest of the season.

Vs Eagles - Dome
Vs Clowns - Dome
@ Cowboys - Dome
@ Bucs - Florida weather
@ Panties - Potential bad weather
Vs Steelers - Dome
Vs Panties - Dome

The only part I worry about is the 3 game road stretch. A lot of media analyst still say the Rams will run away with #1 seed based on schedule, but I don’t think they considered that we are playing our best opppenents indoors aside from 1 game.

This is completely doable for our guys. So let’s hope the Dez injury is the only one we face the second half of the season.

Who Dat!

Realistically the Saints need to go 6-2 in the second half and hope the Rams lose to the Chiefs and stub their toe one more time. They play several decent teams from here on out and have looked vulnerable as of late so I think that's the most likely scenario. I'd love for the Saints to end with 15 straight regular season wins but that's not very likely

Realistically the Saints need to go 6-2 in the second half and hope the Rams lose to the Chiefs and stub their toe one more time. They play several decent teams from here on out and have looked vulnerable as of late so I think that's the most likely scenario. I'd love for the Saints to end with 15 straight regular season wins but that's not very likely
Not likely, but more possible than ever. IMO

Divisional games are no easy tests. The NFC South especially tends to have the most unpredictable divisional games.

our schedule should not be taken lightly, everyone will be bringing their A game knowing we are at the top of the NFC and our defense is not shutting people out....

Just take it one game at a time, and it is doable.

The good thing is, if it does get done, we know the #1 seed is then in our pocket (or to put it another way, the Saints control their own destiny).

Last edited:
Divisional games are no easy tests. The NFC South especially tends to have the most unpredictable divisional games.

this. ^^

I loathe the Falclowns and Kitty Kats as much as any WhoDat. But we're kidding ourselves to think that any of our remaining games won't be just as challenging as as our playing the Bungles. Even the Cowboys and the Bucs won't be a cakewalk:

1. Cowboys will play their hearts out, and this will be their "psudo Super Bowl" on Thu night. They will have NOTHING to lose, and we'll need our A-game.

2. The Bucs have already beaten us, and they will not have any fear factor that they can't do it again. Some WhoDats may recall that the 2002 Saints beat the Bucs (who would later win the Super Bowl) twice. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2002.htm

HALF OF THE BUCS' LOSSES THAT SEASON WERE TO THE SAINTS!!!!!

There should be no need explain how competitive the other teams will be.

:gosaints:

Last edited:

If we go 6-2, ending up 13-3 and don't get HFA, I will be seriously upset.

this. ^^

I loathe the Falclowns and Kitty Kats as much as any WhoDat. But we're kidding ourselves to think that any of our remaining games won't be just as challenging as as our playing the Bungles. Even the Cowboys and the Bucs won't be a cakewalk:

1. Cowboys will play their hearts out, and this will be their "psudo Super Bowl" on Thu night. They will have NOTHING to lose, and we'll need our A-game.

2. The Bucs have already beaten us, and they will not have any fear factor that they can't do it again. Some WhoDats may recall that the 2002 Saints beat the Bucs (who would later win the Super Bowl) twice. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2002.htm

ndcc - good stuff as always. Thx. But we can hope the Cowgirls lose their games before they play us and the players mail it in for the season before our game. That's just wishful thinking - or praying lol

Eric Dickerson (obviously a big Rams fan) said they are worried about playing Chicago, in Chicago, in December. That might be the game that helps us out even though they have a weaker schedule. GO BEARS!

Last edited:
this. ^^

HALF OF THE BUCS' LOSSES THAT SEASON WERE TO THE SAINTS!!!!!

Tampa Bay definitely concerns me. Since the turn of the decade, they usually split with us. They have one game that is very close and the other is always a blow out.

The Falcons were one coin toss away from potentially beating us in OT and their offense has really come back to life, they won't be an easy game whatsoever.

I fully expect Carolina to throw everything and the kitchen table at us after we humiliated them 3 times last year.

Thread title needs to be changed referencing the weather.

Eric Dickerson (obviously a big Rams fan) said they are worried about playing Chicago, in Chicago, in December. That might be the game that helps us out even though they have a weaker schedule. GO BEARS!

That would be quite serendipitous if Chicago beats the Rams to help the Saints win the #1 seed in the NFC. That is exactly what happened in 2009 --- the Bears beat the Vikes in December to give us the #1 seed that year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom