Saints Select a Seat Event (It's that time again....) (1 Viewer)

25th at 1 p.m. So I’m still toward the back of the line, but I’m not on the last day anymore at least.

I really like what they’re doing about limiting additions to 2 seats per account. Prevents the amateur, wannabe ticket brokers from collecting up blocks of seats and should give newer fans the opportunity to have seats in their own name without the premium price markup.

And as HouseCall said above, the view seats online and call to add/relocate method is really a step back. SeatGeek had nearly a year to get this ready and still couldn’t pull it off.

You are correct. I cannot believe the incompetence of SeatGeek. "You cannot make changes online." That's pure incompetence in this day and age.

VERY few seats available this year, anywhere but Bunker Club and Plaza Sideline.

Approximate total number of seats that were available in each section, many as singles:

Terrace Sideline: 28
Loge Sideline: 55
Terrace Endzones: 13
Plaza Endzones: 15
Bunker Club and Plaza Sideline: 160 (of these about 60 were Bunker Club)

Again, many of the seats available were SINGLE seats in some sections. The only sections with even semi-decent availability were the most expensive sections in the dome.

Far fewer seats than last year at this time.

If you are down the list this year, it will be VERY slim pickings.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for many of you.

I am very skeptical about all this.
My $$$ says Saints are holding back and putting many additional seats available for waitlist peeps once this selection process is over.
They are thinking its time to try and re-energize the season tickets population with a new generation of fans.

If it is grey, there are currently zero seats. (Again, many of the non-grey sections have very few seats and often in singles. Only sidelines have decent numbers of seat sets together.)

I doubt they are "holding back" seats. I think that would really get people ticked off. The Saints have been doing it this way for many years. It is just more transparent now with the internet.

Attachments

• saints.PNG
    saints.PNG
    141.8 KB · Views: 44
I'm in disbelief how expensive those club seats are - $330 per game (including the 2 joke preseason games, don't get me started) - amazed there is the market for that in NOLA.

I'm thrilled with my lower terrace $110 tickets thanks very much.

Worried what happens when we go downhill - many of those expensive seats are probably owned by folks who attempt to turn them around for a profit. I can't imagine there are too many in NOLA with an extra $6500 of disposable income to dole out for the pair.

I'm in disbelief how expensive those club seats are - $330 per game (including the 2 joke preseason games, don't get me started) - amazed there is the market for that in NOLA.

I'm thrilled with my lower terrace $110 tickets thanks very much.

Worried what happens when we go downhill - many of those expensive seats are probably owned by folks who attempt to turn them around for a profit. I can't imagine there are too many in NOLA with an extra $6500 of disposable income to dole out for the pair.

I agree 100%. We have some of those $110 Terrace seats now. Very happy with them. The Club seats are crazy expensive. I cannot imagine having to pay $6600 for two tickets for the season. I am ok with $2200 for two seats.

I think they priced the Bunker Club a little too high, but they still sell, so I guess they are priced alright. I remember not that long ago, when our seats in section 114 were $35/game. I also remember standing outside the dome with two fingers up trying to unload a pair of 50-yard-line seats on row 27, Section 114, for $20 for the pair. It sometimes took more than a couple of tries to sell them. I remember one time asking a potential buyer, when he questioned if they were on the 50, that he could have my two tickets and I would keep the ones I was trying to sell.

From what I've heard outside of the expensive seats on 100 level there really isn't much available this year. I've heard it's a lot less than in years past.

From what I've heard outside of the expensive seats on 100 level there really isn't much available this year. I've heard it's a lot less than in years past.

You are correct. There were more seats available last year and WAY more the year before.

There are ZERO pairs of seats available in any section in the Terrace. Only single seats in some sections.

In the Loge there are currently five pairs of seats in scattered sections and one set of three seats together, the rest are scattered single seats.
The seats together range from $2630, $3180 and $3480 for the season. The latter includes a pair in Section 312, almost on the 50, but not an aisle for $3480/season. (Row 16 seats 12, 13.) Great seats, but crazy expensive.

In the Plaza, there are ZERO pairs together in either Endzone, just a few scattered single seats.

Plaza Sidelines:
(Sections 116 and 117) there are two sets of 8 seats, 1 set of 6 seats, three sets of 4 sets and three sets of 2 seats together.
(Sections 111 and 112) there are four sets of 4 seats and three sets of 2 seats.
(sections 139 and 140) there is one set of 2 tickets.
(Sections 144 and 145) there are two sets of 2 seats.
(There are a few scattered singles in some sections.)
All of the above seats are $2130/season.

On the PLaza Sidelines (Bunker Club)
Sections 113, 114, 115 and 141, 142 and 143 there are one set of 6 seats, one set of 4 seats, one set of 3 seats and twelve sets of 2 seats together.
(There are a few scattered singles in some sections.)
The above seats are either $3180 or $3280/season.

Last year more terrace seats became available after the 2nd payments were due, which they then opened up to the waiting list.

Just saw the email, my time was 3pm today. Went and looked just for fun. One seat two sections away from mine in the Terrace. Wonder if the neighbors of the seat know about its availability.

You are correct. I cannot believe the incompetence of SeatGeek. "You cannot make changes online." That's pure incompetence in this day and age.

Yeah, I mean I really like what they’ve done so far with their mobile ticketing (even though I know it’s NFL policy now) and even making it available through the Saints app, but they really dropped the ball on this aspect.

How’s the site compare to the previous Ticketmaster version?

Yeah, I mean I really like what they’ve done so far with their mobile ticketing (even though I know it’s NFL policy now) and even making it available through the Saints app, but they really dropped the ball on this aspect.

How’s the site compare to the previous Ticketmaster version?

Overall it is not bad. I like it all, except for not being able to buy tickets on the fly. I was not looking to buy or move seats because I think I have the best value seats in the stadium, but I would have potentially added two if they were great and not expensive. The two in the Loge were awesome, but not spending that much on tickets.

Last year more terrace seats became available after the 2nd payments were due, which they then opened up to the waiting list.
Which is pretty unfair, but that's how I got my seats 2 years ago in 642 row 9. But STH should actually get those. I don't like how they do that.

Is anyone with the window available able to share the url/link that is on their offers page? Assuming its not a unique link, of course. I want to see if it loads for those that do not have a window open yet.

Mine comes on the 25th.

Which is pretty unfair, but that's how I got my seats 2 years ago in 642 row 9. But STH should actually get those. I don't like how they do that.

Yeah this has always been a bummer the way it is designed.

The problem is that people can add tickets, hoard them to try to resell them, and drop them before a payment is ever even due. This leaves the saints with a lot of unpredictable inventory to sell after the second payment, after all the STHs made up their mind. So they turn the waiting list. Keep your eye on craiglist and ebay. After the add/drop window opens, the rights available for sale soar.

My personal opinion is that if they forced people to commit to a non-refundable deposit or pay a fee for dropping tickets, less people would hoard them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom