Saints select Zack Baun in the 3rd (1 Viewer)

There is an interview on the Saints Facebook page i tried to link but not working. Anyways, if you want to see it, look on the Saints official FB page.

Here are my takeaways and notes from the interview:

- He seems legitimately excited to be playing for Saints even though he fell
- He doesn’t know our linebackers coach’s name but he called Zack right after pick and said he’s already thinking of creative ways on how to use him
- Zack said he played alot of time on the edge but sounds unsure on if he will be used as linebacker or edge rusher. Confident he can do both though.
- Knows Ruiz well and has trained with him. Looks forward to talking to him. Will call him right after the interview
- He has no idea why he fell but like i said earlier seems really happy with how things worked out
- He sounded more towards end of the interview like he is preparing himself to mostly be an edge rusher but we don’t play a 3-4 so it will be interesting to see where we put him
- Tried to model his game after both Watt brothers. Always got advice from TJ.

Last edited:
This is my guess.

Davis is too good to move out of the weakside where I think Baun would also excel.

I guess there is a slight chance we move Davis to middle LB as the alternative.

Who plays strong? We don't have a natural contender. I think we should look to free agency to help out.
In our 43 scheme the will blitzes a lot but has the most coverage responsibility. He's going to SAM on obvious run plays and rushing on passing downs. If injuries hit might see him fill in at Mike

I don't really understand the vision of how he is going to be used, can someone try to elaborate on that? (not criticizing the pick, just my football knowledge)

If we play a 4-3 defense, with Cam and Dav on the edges, where does he go? As a rotational edge or deeper next to DD?

(I am very sorry but this is my #284 message on SR, I wanted to hold it at 283 forever for obvious reasons but I couldn't help it)

Baun seems like a typical Saints player to me. Smart, good charachter a team player. He will probably be mainly used on 3rd downs which has been our weakness for years now. I also hope he is better than Klein (who was pretty good for us)

(I am very sorry but this is my #284 message on SR, I wanted to hold it at 283 forever for obvious reasons but I couldn't help it)
Have you asked the Moderators? I am sure they can help you out by freezing your message count :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom