Saints Send a Clear Message to the Rest of the NFL (1 Viewer)

This game showcased what our “A” game looks like. And so far it is the biggest masterpiece of the NFL this season.

Everything is still week to week. Bucs beat the Packers and Raiders by 53 combined points and we lose to both.

The defense and pass rush gets me excited most. We went from Rodgers literally laughing at us in week 3 to Tom Brady looking completely defeated in week 9.

I suggest an even BIGGER factor than CGM:

They had a spy on Kamara all night. The key 🔐 was CSP using that to our advantage and spreading the ball all around

Arians & Co. didn’t know what hit ‘em. :ezbill:

:gosaints:

The pump fake to Kamara followed by the TD toss to Tre'Quan Smith felt like a play that they've used the previous 7 games to build toward. Can you blame 3 Buc defenders for assuming it was going to Kamara in that situation???

I suggest an even BIGGER factor than CGM:

They had a spy on Kamara all night. The key 🔐 was CSP using that to our advantage and spreading the ball all around

Arians & Co. didn’t know what hit ‘em. :ezbill:

:gosaints:
I think CGM was an equal factor to Kamara. The fact that Kamara has been burning teams while most of WRs have been out meant that he had to get special attention, but CGM drew coverage away from the other receivers as well, so everybody fed. The great thing is that Drew now seems to trust a lot of his receivers, so he isn't just focusing on a couple of receivers. This will hopefully keep everyone happy. I only worry about CGM's attitude with him if he gets fewer targets. He got 6 targets yesterday, so that would be enough, but on a day when our offense doesn't click as well, he'll probably get fewer, so we have to monitor how that will affect his attitidue.

My wife’s cousins live in Atlanta and are Falcons fans and we rag on each other all the time. They’ve been pretty quiet the past couple seasons but I have not. Last night I sent them a group text at halftime:

“No worries. We won’t Falcon this up!”

:hihi:

Mid way 3rd quarter, Mr. Bruce Arians had a look of a boxer who had taken one too many body shots.

No way to sugar coat it, the Saints opened up a can early and did not let up.
I thought the same thing. I wish I had all-22 film, but it looked like the Bucs played the short stuff very aggressively and it opened up a ton of balls going over the LBers heads. Then they backed off and got dinked to death.

The next step would have been to play LBers up close and safeties way down low. But Brees had the pass protection to go over the top if they did that.

No wonder he was shaking his head.

My wife’s cousins live in Atlanta and are Falcons fans and we rag on each other all the time. They’ve been pretty quiet the past couple seasons but I have not. Last night I sent them a group text at halftime:

“No worries. We won’t Falcon this up!”

:hihi:
Hope you weren't planning on an invitation to turkey day.

If... The defense has truly turned a corner.
I'll proclaim it when the defense plays consistently up to the level we believe they should.

I think CGM was an equal factor to Kamara. The fact that Kamara has been burning teams while most of WRs have been out meant that he had to get special attention, but CGM drew coverage away from the other receivers as well, so everybody fed. The great thing is that Drew now seems to trust a lot of his receivers, so he isn't just focusing on a couple of receivers. This will hopefully keep everyone happy. I only worry about CGM's attitude with him if he gets fewer targets. He got 6 targets yesterday, so that would be enough, but on a day when our offense doesn't click as well, he'll probably get fewer, so we have to monitor how that will affect his attitidue.

Why do we have to monitor something that has never been an issue before?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom