Saints shake up coaching staff (1 Viewer)

Possible connections with the new position switches? DB coach was with Atlanta, we could use a couple of those folks. We needed some juice on the D staff and with Eddie O, new ST coordinator and DB coach, we can use all the help we can get. Now, who replaces them? We we see some old faces (meaning ex Saints) as assistants to the front line staff? Where's Willie Whitehead now? Is the RB coach going anywhere as was previously rumored?

Lot's of questions remain folks. It just adds to the excitement of the off?season. Any predictions Spam? Was that guy from Black & Gold that was quoted on here on any of this stuff?

jazzjack, you may have missed it, but back on the 12th Dan in Lafayette confirmed the release of Hayes and Henshaw. He stated that these releases would not be officially announced until their replacements were found. See Hayes announcement coming along with the announcement of his replacement.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=883121#post883121.

Two other Saints assistants have been let go as well, Tom Hayes (DB's) and George Henshaw (RB's)...

Even though I cannot provide a link, I stand by the post. The announcement will probably not be made by the Saints until their replacements are found.

jazzjack, you may have missed it, but back on the 12th Dan in Lafayette confirmed the release of Hayes and Henshaw. He stated that these releases would not be officially announced until their replacements were found. See Hayes announcement coming along with the announcement of his replacement.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=883121#post883121.

I do remember Dan posting that. So Henshaw is gone?

We need to start a Coaching Change Tracker thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any predictions Spam?

No, I have no clue who they're looking at.

The Allen promotion came from within while the Orgeron hire was as much of a "splash" as you can get for a position coach hire and came from the college ranks. So the new RB coach could, apparently, come from anywhere.

I will say that, in my own opinion, there's zero chance the Saints would hire a coach, even a position coach, strictly for the sake of one player, Sedrick Ellis or DeAngelo Hall or anyone else.

The sole exception being doing whatever it takes to keep Carmichael and keep Drew Brees happy.

Well...

Thats not quite what the article says. It just says that Hayes is "out". Specifically mentions that the press release gives no reason for his departure.

Agreed - we definitely needed to make changes to our secondary and it makes sense to change coaches as bad as we've been the last two years.

assistant coaches to me are more about the person's ability to teach and motivate players than it is about specific X's and O's. That is what the head coach and coordinators are installing with their philosophies and game plans. The assistant coaches are there to correct technique and help the coaches get their message across. So a guy going from say assistant D-Line to secondary coach isn't a huge deal so long as he knows the technique required for secondary players.

It's like going from a Jr. Systems Analyst to a DBA. You probably had the DBA skills but not the work environment experience, now you do and you can grow into the DBA role.

People panic too much over coaches coming and going. It's routine and as long as we aren't like Oakland or Washington then nothing is worth panicing over.

replacing a secondary coach with a d-line coach?

isn't that like hiring an electrician to put on a roof?

I know he played safety in college but he was coaching D-line since joining the college ranks and should have stayed there or been an assistant secondary coach. I just don't have a warm and fuzzy about a coach who has been coaching dline here and in Atlanta to all of a sudden fix the glaring issues in the secondary.
Maybe they were just looking for a place to stick him?

Better yet, maybe we'll see more bullrushes and clubbing by Jason David? :hihi:

Didn't Dennis Thurman or Mark Carrier lose their job due to the coaching changes with Baltimore recently? Someone give those guys a call.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom