Saints' Shanle standing out for all the right reasons - great article 09/22 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great read on Scott (IMHO)...

Saints' Shanle standing out for all the right reasons

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bradley Handwerger / WWL-TV.com Sports Writer

METAIRIE, La. ― Jonathan Vilma came to New Orleans with much fanfare and in his first season, proved every bit the phenom Saints fans hoped he would be.

Scott Fujita has become an entrenched part of the New Orleans community with his play on the field and his Californian good looks.

And Scott Shanle, the Saints starting weak side linebacker? Well, he’s felt the wrath of Saints Nation, which has called for his head and for the Saints to sign a new player, such as Derrick Brooks this offseason.

And yet – and yet – Shanle has never been bothered by his lack of support from the fans, barely paying attention to the sometimes harsh vitriol lobbed his way.

“It really doesn’t affect me much,” said Shanle, a seventh-year linebacker out of Nebraska. “I have a good understanding of how the people in this building feel about me – upstairs and in this locker room. I know as far as I’ve been in the league, message boards and blogs have never gotten a team to sign anybody or get rid of anybody.

“I really never paid attention to it.”

Maybe he should start.

Everyone’s taking notice at just how well Shanle is playing

More...
http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/stories/wwl092209bhsaintsshanle.1a608deff.html

that's all good and well. I haven't been the biggest fan of his, but i will say that he has been playing lights out these past two games.

I know as far as I’ve been in the league, message boards and blogs have never gotten a team to sign anybody or get rid of anybody.
Clearly he's unaware of "The Great Walter Thomas Thread of 2007".

Why are you posting a thread that isn't about the media's disrespect of our team?

Shanle will be at Hooters in Metry this thurs night, Everyone should go tell him to keep up the good work!

shanle's is a solid player who made two spectacular plays.

eeeeeewwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr. there, i said it.

:smileypuker:

shanle's is a solid player who made two spectacular plays.

eeeeeewwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr. there, i said it.

:smileypuker:

I don't know which game you were watching, but Shanle was solid the last too games minus the interceptions. He's made some rather quiet stops just short of the first down markers a few times that have stalled the other team's drives. (Also look who is the defense's leader in tackles so far.)

I don't know which game you were watching, but Shanle was solid the last too games minus the interceptions. He's made some rather quiet stops just short of the first down markers a few times that have stalled the other team's drives. (Also look who is the defense's leader in tackles so far.)

how are you disagreeing with me?:interrogations:

To me, Shanle has been the biggest surprise of the season so far. I knew the offense would role, and I knew the D would be better but I didnt expect Shanle to play so well. Not only the big plays, but the solid, if not spectacular open field tackling has been much appreciated.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

He doesn't care about the fans!!!!!!

CUT HIM!!!! TRADE HIM!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom