Saints should be in mix (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Saints should be in mix
Brent St. Germain Sports Editor
Published: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 10:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 10:23 a.m.

Summer is synonymous with high temperatures, vacations and, of course, baseball.

But for NFL fans, it means something else — preseason predictions.

Last week, I had an opportunity to see where the New Orleans Saints were picked to finish in one of my favorite preseason publications.

Are they going to win another Super Bowl? Will they recapture the NFC South division title?

Surprisingly, the publication picked neither. It had the Saints finishing with a 9-7 record and third in the division behind the Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I was so shocked that I nearly dropped the magazine on the floor.

What were the writers in this magazine thinking? Are the Saints really the third-best team in the division?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I believe the Saints will be back in the playoffs (if there is a season) and will be contender to win Super Bowl XLVI.

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110628/OPINION01/110629468?Title=Saints-should-be-in-mix

Johnson agreed with Andersen that the Saints should once again be in the mix for the Super Bowl.
Yup. Being a Saints' fan is a BEAUTIFUL thang :ezbill: All those LOSING SEASONS, let-downs and games that can't be explained why we lost them, makes being a fan today TWICE as NICE!

some people just can't accept the idea that the Saints are in the upper echelon of the NFL. It just doesn't jive with their notion of how the world is supposed to be.

some people just can't accept the idea that the Saints are in the upper echelon of the NFL. It just doesn't jive with their notion of how the world is supposed to be.
Sad but true. People still think we're the Aints. I'm cool with that. Let 'em think that right up until we hoist up another Lombardi.

The Saints hoisting a second Lombardi will send all the fans from the Falcons nation into suicide watch.

But I think it would make even the late Vincent Thomas Lombardi (for whom the trophy was named) and his good friend and rival, Tom landry, very proud.

You know the best part about the Saints? Its not a question of talent anymore, its a question of health now. Reach the playoff's at 90% health, we will reach and win the superbowl another 2-3 times before Brees hangs it up.

It's not like we're the Detroit Lions and suddenly making the playoffs every year and winning Super Bowls.

Now that I wouldnt be able to wrap my brain around....

It's not like we're the Detroit Lions and suddenly making the playoffs every year and winning Super Bowls.

Now that I wouldnt be able to wrap my brain around....
Exactly. The writing has been on the wall since 2006.

I think it's hard for a lot of non-saints fans to believe that Brees is as good as he is.

It's not very often that a Hall of Fame QB switches teams right as they are entering their prime.

They know that Brees is very good, but they don't accept that on any given Sunday he can have a game as good as any QB to ever play the game.

It's just very hard for people to realize that Brees is one of the GOAT's.

That's the only thing I can come up with as to why we stay so underrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom