Saints should go get Brock Purdy. (1 Viewer)

max

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
- The Saints don’t have a good cap situation as usual under the Loomis credit card strategy (even when the team isn’t all that good). A high-priced veteran through a trade or free agency would be tough to finagle under the cap and further exacerbate our cap woes.

- A veteran free agent has pretty much shown who he is, his limit.

- We all know what Purdy did, even though it was in Shanahan’s offense and with a top flight team around him.

- The 49ers have a lot of sunk draft cost in Trey Lance and next to nothing in Purdy. They probably want to chase that sunk cost and try to prove that they were right to make the investment.

- There would be advantages for the 49ers of not having a messy situation/starting battle in August.

- Purdy injured his elbow. If our doctors believe that he will make a full recovery, the injury creates an opportunity that would make it easier for the 49ers to let him go in a trade, reminiscent of the Brees acquisition even though that wasn’t a trade.

- I think he has shown that he has “it,” sort of like Burrow, a difficult to describe trait that makes a winning quarterback.

- I would think that we could offer less to start and then negotiate to giving up the 29th pick. I’m can’t see us getting a better prospect at that selection. If the 49ers need a sweetener, we could throw in the best blocking WR in NFL history.

he’s probably their starting QB next season. Maybe not week one, but when Trey lance gets injured again.

As often as their QBs get hurt they ain’t trading no one.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it ain’t happening

iu

Plus Purdy was surrounded by an immense amount of talent. I doubt he would be as successful here.

- The Saints don’t have a good cap situation as usual under the Loomis credit card strategy (even when the team isn’t all that good). A high-priced veteran through a trade or free agency would be tough to finagle under the cap and further exacerbate our cap woes.

- We all know what Purdy did, even though it was in Shanahan’s offense and with a top flight team around him.

- The 49ers have a lot of sunk draft cost in Trey Lance and next to nothing in Purdy. They probably want to chase that sunk cost and try to prove that they were right to make the investment.

- There would be advantages for the 49ers of not having a messy situation/starting battle in August.

- Purdy injured his elbow. If our doctors believe that he will make a full recovery, the injury creates an opportunity that would make it easier for the 49ers to let him go in a trade, reminiscent of the Brees acquisition even though that wasn’t a trade.

- I think he has shown that he has “it,” sort of like Burrow, a difficult to describe trait that makes a winning quarterback.

- I would think that we could offer less to start and then negotiate to giving up the 29th pick. I’m can’t see us getting a better prospect at that selection. If the 49ers need a sweetener, we could throw in the best blocking WR in NFL history.
Why not trade for Joe Burrow or Pat Mahomes for that matter?

Purdy won’t be available. They don’t care what they have wrapped up in Trey Lance. They care about winning at end of the day. Lance hasn’t proven he can do that.

Do you not understand....it's

maxresdefault.jpg

SF is not letting him out of the building anytime soon. They will let JG walk in FA and have a QB competition during camp between Lance and Purdy with the loser being back up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom