Saints should go Offense with the first pick (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas but was born and raised in Bos
Am I the only who thinks that we need more dynamic weapons on offense? Am I also the only one who thinks that we have made enough acquisitions on defense this off season, along with the talent buried on our roster to not go defense with the first pick? As for picking OL I really believe that pick could be utilized in a later round.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
With our offense we need dynamic weapons. People are catching on to Sproles. Morgan, while making some big plays isn’t consistent enough to be that weapon. Colston’s physical play almost guarantees he misses games. Moore while good, doesn’t strike fear. With Toon we don’t know what we have. Graham is a beast, and now that we have Watson we are good there (that also adds additional blocking on the edge). I say first round go WR and let the other needs be addressed later in the draft.
<o:p> </o:p>
Signed MY 2 cents

You're not the only one, there are others... although you are all wrong. :hihi:

I think you should really look back and see why we went 7-9 last year.
what about the year before that and the year before that??? I know our defense isnt perfect.. hell far from it. what I also noticed is that while our offense is still elite we are starting to need to improve our talent at WR.

our defense is more of a speed bump than a wall and one player isnt going to make it a wall. thing is, if our offense can add that additional piece, a speed bump made be all we need, when our offense is runnign like a ferrari on smooth street.

what about the year before that and the year before that??? I know our defense isnt perfect.. hell far from it. what I also noticed is that while our offense is still elite we are starting to need to improve our talent at WR.

our defense is more of a speed bump than a wall and one player isnt going to make it a wall. thing is, if our offense can add that additional piece, a speed bump made be all we need, when our offense is runnign like a ferrari on smooth street.

Worst defense in NFL history would make it inexcusable to not go defense with the first pick.

:gosaints:

I definitely want to go offense. We need more speed. People on here tend to forget how many burners we have lost since 09.

Worst defense in NFL history would make it inexcusable to not go defense with the first pick.

The defense will be helped out simply by having Payton back. We won't have nearly as many 3 and outs and the best thing to help our pass rush is to get back to getting 3 td leads. This will make teams one dimensional and help our defense immensely.

Not that I would be that upset with Austin. I just think there are many more capable receivers later we could pick up later and they could possibly be better than Tavon Austin,

Ok... I've said this before, but here goes. This isn't a situation where we're 1 or 2 players from making an average defense good. We are several players away from making our horrible defense decent.

We were one of the top offenses last year without a headcoach, without a running game, with our QB being pick happy & Colston & Graham having the dropsies. Drew, even throwing the picks, lead the league in yards & TDs. So how badly hurting are we? Drew's mistakes weren't because of lack of targets, it was because we were 1 dimensional and trying to play catchup.

Also, Joe Morgan has seen playing time & should only improve. And while Toon doesn't have that experience, he came in a polished route runner & this will be his first full offseason. Great potential in these two guys.

We also added Ben Watson, so we're not starving for playmakers. The only offensive spot that needs addressing is LT.

Defense on the other hand is absolutely atrocious & a huge reason we were 7-9. We need OLB, DT, CB & Safety (& LT) before we even think about the luxury of drafting someone who may be the 3rd best option in an already loaded stack of options for Brees.

If we do draft a WR, RB or TE, it would be downright irresponsible. I think our front office knows that. Its not about flashy toys & scoring in fantasy football. Its about building a solid team. It takes both sides of the ball for that.

The defense will be helped out simply by having Payton back. We won't have nearly as many 3 and outs and the best thing to help our pass rush is to get back to getting 3 td leads. This will make teams one dimensional and help our defense immensely.
I agree with this... this is basically the same defense that has gotten us to 3 consecutive playoff appearances and they have one bad year and this is who they are. I dont believe it.

we've drafted defense first the last 6 years and where has that gotten us. let's keep it real we are an offensive team for now, so keep the weapons coming for Brees and Payton

Eh....not so much

There's a lot more that goes into it than just putting the defense at fault

Our team was near the top of the league in dropped passes. Our QB threw the 2nd most picks of his career and was sacked the 2nd most times in his career

Our punter punted more than he ever has as a pro.

Our head coach, assistant head coach, and general manager were missing

On top of that, a zone defensive scheme that was entirely contrasting to the defense GW had built over the past 3 seasons

The defense didn't play really well...but it's not all on them

Just wait till we have a defense our offense will be so much better

Our punter punted more because A) the dropsies & B) being one dimesional caused Brees & the WRs to play tight. Trying to do too much to win the game. They did that because our defense was HORRIBLE!! My goodness, what part of that do you not get?

Worst defense in league history. How do you fix that glaring problem? I know, draft a WR! You people are giving me high blood pressure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom