Saints Should Pursue DE/DT Calais Campbell (2 Viewers)

He's a poor mans Cam Jordan. No more no less. He would definitely fit our scheme because of his versatility. Wouldn't mind having him at the right price.

He's a poor mans Cam Jordan. No more no less. He would definitely fit our scheme because of his versatility. Wouldn't mind having him at the right price.

I'm not sure about a "Poor man." At 6'8", 300 lbs, brute strength, I'd tend to call him Godzilla :9:

I would prefer to go after Melvin Ingram. Campbell is basically another Cam Jordan. We need a speed rusher at RDE, Campbell doesn't have that elite speed we need. Then we could draft Tak McKinnley.

I believe PFF had Campbell as the highest rated free agent this year. He may not be a fit for us, but the guy is a baller.

I believe PFF had Campbell as the highest rated free agent this year. He may not be a fit for us, but the guy is a baller.

And we need Ballers badly. Physical disruptors. Imagine a line with Jordan, Campbell at DEs and Rankins Fairley and Davidson at Tackles. KV can blitz from the safety spot and he has speed. If we could get a couple of blazing fast LBs who can blitz, this would be a disruptive and extremely physical front 7 that would wear down O-lines and beat up QBs

And we need Ballers badly. Physical disruptors. Imagine a line with Jordan, Campbell at DEs and Rankins Fairley and Davidson at Tackles. KV can blitz from the safety spot and he has speed. If we could get a couple of blazing fast LBs who can blitz, this would be a disruptive and extremely physical front 7 that would wear down O-lines and beat up QBs

I couldn't see us signing both Campbell and Fairley, but that would be a huge D line with Jordan, Rankins, Fairley, Campbell. Forget about running the ball against that.

I still think Campbell, Rankins, Davison, Jordan would be nasty on early downs. Being Kikaha and a rookie in on passing downs.

I'm still thinking I'd like a Taco Charlton/Mario Addison combination. You instantly know Addison is going to give you a 3rd down rush...he's proven productive in that role and could possibly start but DE's like Charlton don't come around often and I'd take him at 11. He reminds me of Chandler Jones size wise but he's got a little more bend to him.

He'd be good on base run downs...but Branch and then an undersized rusher would be fine too. In fact as I think about it the latter is still likey how this falls because our sub/rush packages have more 3 man fronts and so it makes sense to get a young undersized edge rusher paired with a vet DE because the sub package will allow the young player to just rush...think less. Fits the role better than the reverse of the former.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom