Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it but I wasn't going to post it.

All I gotta say is BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!.

In all seriousness Winston needs a true offseason to get himself integrated in this offense

From what I heard from wwl during camp JW didn’t look very good , he surely didn’t do much with his former team last year

He also doesn’t seem all that involved during the games not sitting g with Brees as TB did , not sure if that has any impact on his play

Let Drew have his final year

Our last two games were "supposed" to be easy..
Yep anything but. Opponents get up for Saints. They will give N.O their best shot. N.O gotta play every game with the intention of that they're the hunted.

I think Swimmer might really be Andy Kaufman. I knew he faked his death.

I don’t think Brees was tired during the playoffs last year.

I think he got plenty of pressure up the middle and did a poor job of adjusting. It was a very bad game from him, but I think it is one that could have happened 5 years ago as well.

However, I do think that one reason he was playing so well late last year was that he had time off earlier in the year.

So I kinda see where Foxworth is coming from (although I admit to only working off this summary; I haven’t listened to the interview).

But our offense clearly hasn’t fully gelled yet and is still working in guys like Sanders (who admitted that’s he’s only now getting up to speed), and young guys like Callaway and Fowler. Not to mention the fact that Mike Thomas and his QB may need a bit of time to re-establish their insane connection with each other.

Plus, without any kind of preseason or (normal) training camp, how do we know that Winston has fully grasped everything that he needs?

So again, while I understand the “give Brees some rest during the ‘easy’ part of the schedule” argument, I’m not sure that taking him off the field for such an extended time would actually be the best thing long-term (because of chemistry and playbook reasons). Also, with the way our defense has been playing, who is to say that this will even be an “easy” section of games?

While I can certainly see the hypothetical benefits, I think it’s a pretty big gamble. One that I don’t think I’d be willing to take.
Bravo Zulu. Very well said

I wouldn't mind the change. Teddy took over last year and did very well with little planning and prep. But why stick just with JW? Why not tandem Taysom and JW, run a slightly different offense, run-pass option, wildcat, etc... we've become almost one dimensional in offense the last 2 years. The screen game hardly works and we're short on splash plays (literally). Try it for one game and if it sucks, put Drew back in.

I miss the flea flicker. I think we should have one game where the plays are the same plays we did as kids in the backyard. Go crazy. Give opposing teams the most confusing game film to study, keep them up all night. It's going to be a strange season so let's just play up to it.

Too many puns.

From what I heard from wwl during camp JW didn’t look very good , he surely didn’t do much with his former team last year

He also doesn’t seem all that involved during the games not sitting g with Brees as TB did , not sure if that has any impact on his play

Let Drew have his final year
Bruh, this is so true! Now that you mention it, I forgot Winston was on the team because I never see him. The camera has literally never panned on him that I can recall. Man, if that’s true, he’s truly boneheaded and missing on an opportunity to learn from a living legend. Soak up that knowledge “W”inston!!! Eat dat W!

After yesterday’s wild and unwarranted speculations yesterday about the purchase of a condo. Then the support of this idea...I’m losing faith quick in the common sense of the majority of this board.

The title got my attention but I went into reading the article with a Very negative attitude. I was surprised and Foxworthy and 4 other jocks brought-up some excellent points. I'll do my best to summarize

1) Foxworthy: Start Winston for the 4-game stretch of 49ers, Falcons, Denver, Falcons
2) Drew has tired each of the last 3-years heading into the playoffs. It would probably help him to have 2-4 games off. And Drew can always come off the bench if necessary
3) The offense needs to have more than 1-player disrupting the opponent defenses: Kamara. Winston would bring the bomb and downfield game back including other players besides Alvin. His point was that defenses will start stacking against Kamara as the season goes on without some changes
4) One of the reporters had a conversation about Brees load with SP during the offseason and asked if SP was going to try and balance Brees load so he is fresh in the offseason. The reporter said it sounded like Payton listened but couldn't tell if he really bought into that idea

Start Winston for 4-Games to Protect Brees Endurance for Playoffs and Open the Offense

"Easy"...that's hilarious. No game is easy. We got beat by the Raiders...it took several strokes of luck to beat the Chargers who are now 1-4. We can't take any game for granted because 1 loss could be the difference between playing at home or at Green Bay in the snow...or Seattle's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom