Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'll say 2 things:
Stats don't tell you how games played out. Case and point 2018. At the very least, the stat line should've read 27 of 40 for 265 yds, 2 TDs no INTs.

Also, during the regular season, teams don't often play against playoff teams on the road.

We played both those games at home I believe....but it was more than stats, he didn’t look sharp in either game....

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jameis should never start for the saints under any circumstances. The guy is a rapist. He disgraces the black and gold being on the team.

OP

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Despite not looking his best he brought us to a lead with 25 seconds left in the first Vikings matchup. Another lead against the Rams with less than 2 minutes to go and were screwed very badly by the refs. Despite struggling against the Vikings again last year, we still tied and took it to overtime.

Who is the goat in your mind? Who are all these qbs winning multiple Superbowls? Every one with more than one ring has had a good defense. Even with our run in 2009 it took the defense stepping it up. While Brady has won the most and has thrown 73 TDs in the postseason, he's also thrown 35 picks and has had a top 10 defense most of those years. The few years he did not have a top 10 defense he also did not have postseason success. Those years he was booted from the postseason by the likes of Jake Plummer and Mark Sanchez. Last year he had the number 1 scoring defense and still lost, and that's probably why Bellicheck got rid of him. Give Drew that defense we win.
Peyton Manning has notoriously struggled in the postseason, his second title was solely because of his defense. Big Ben? Lol.

While Brees isn't in his prime, how is Winston going to come in his first year with the same exact team and win? Last year Teddy won 5, he also had the entire previous season to learn. We were also playing like a 13-3 team overall offense and defense were just clicking, didn't matter if it was Brees or Teddy. This year we're playing like a 7-9 team.

Really good analysis! Thx. imho, and that's all, I would say Brady and Montana are the GOATS. Agree with you 1000% on Manning. He choked a ton of playoff games.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My problem with this line of though is Taysom Hill is our #2 not Winston. What makes a one think SP would go back on s word to Hil!

Well it could be that Hill will never be the passer that many Saints fans think he will be to run a Sean Payton offense and I'm not so sure that Sean Payton thinks or truly believes that he will either.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
You can't coach smart, either you are or you aren't.

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score
I don't care about Brees's records as much as I do about the team's season. That said, Winston is not the answer. Bridgewater was the guy, but the Saints let him get out of the building. Now, there is no real option behind Brees for the future. I'm convinced now after watching Taysom Hill this year and knowing Winston for the past 5 that our future franchise QB is not on the roster at this time. Doesn't this genius Foxworthy know recent NFL history? Drew Brees rested for 5 games last year and we still lost in the first round of the playoffs. So, it really doesn't matter.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I don't care about Brees's records as much as I do about the team's season. That said, Winston is not the answer. Bridgewater was the guy, but the Saints let him get out of the building. Now, there is no real option behind Brees for the future. I'm convinced now after watching Taysom Hill this year and knowing Winston for the past 5 that our future franchise QB is not on the roster at this time. Doesn't this genius Foxworthy know recent NFL history? Drew Brees rested for 5 games last year and we still lost in the first round of the playoffs. So, it really doesn't matter.

I love Teddy, he is a solid NFL QB, doesn't turn the ball over much and good game manager. That said, Winston has a much higher ceiling, no guarantee that he will ever reach it but I believe with good coaching he may shock some folks....

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love Teddy, he is a solid NFL QB, doesn't turn the ball over much and good game manager. That said, Winston has a much higher ceiling, no guarantee that he will ever reach it but I believe with good coaching he may shock some folks....
I’m actually really ill I got find this out!
but with him on another team!

Reaction score
I will be.
That is unless we sign a NFL caliber QB.
I'm looking at you Dak
Me too. I’ve been through the Steve Walsh, Aaron Brooks, both Billie Joe’s, and I’m sure I’m leaving out a few. The closest thing we had to a potential great QB was Jeff Blake and his injury stuck a spike in my heart. I love Taysom and would be tickled to have Jamis start to shine like a new diamond. More than that I would love to see us draft a guy with Lamar Jackson like talent to see what CSP coils do with a guy like that. Dreaming is nice but when Drew leaves I’m gonna shed a few tears.

Last edited:

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Despite not looking his best he brought us to a lead with 25 seconds left in the first Vikings matchup. Another lead against the Rams with less than 2 minutes to go and were screwed very badly by the refs. Despite struggling against the Vikings again last year, we still tied and took it to overtime.

Who is the goat in your mind? Who are all these qbs winning multiple Superbowls? Every one with more than one ring has had a good defense. Even with our run in 2009 it took the defense stepping it up. While Brady has won the most and has thrown 73 TDs in the postseason, he's also thrown 35 picks and has had a top 10 defense most of those years. The few years he did not have a top 10 defense he also did not have postseason success. Those years he was booted from the postseason by the likes of Jake Plummer and Mark Sanchez. Last year he had the number 1 scoring defense and still lost, and that's probably why Bellicheck got rid of him. Give Drew that defense we win.
Peyton Manning has notoriously struggled in the postseason, his second title was solely because of his defense. Big Ben? Lol.

While Brees isn't in his prime, how is Winston going to come in his first year with the same exact team and win? Last year Teddy won 5, he also had the entire previous season to learn. We were also playing like a 13-3 team overall offense and defense were just clicking, didn't matter if it was Brees or Teddy. This year we're playing like a 7-9 team.

Don't forget in Peyton Manning's first Super Bowl win, the Colts had Bob Sanders return healthy for the playoffs. Sanders would win DPOY in 2007. Peyton Manning's 2006 Playoffs stats? 63.4% completion percentage, 2 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions.

Drew Brees in 2009 went off to the tune of 70.6% completion percentage, 8 touchdowns, no interceptions.

Honestly we'd all loathe Brees right now if he had spent his career in New England. People think the media is insufferable now with Brady? Imagine if Brady was as good of a pure passer as Brees was in his prime. He'd probably be the first player to be inducted in the Hall of Fame before even retiring.

Saint Dupree

Next
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You ACTUALLY think Taysom Hill would get the nod over Jamies Winston if Drew went down for a long period of time? well, I guess we don't have an example of this ever happening so.....
Of course! You dont???

This is why Taysom got the contract he did, Sean Payton named him the backup for a reason. And finally Winston is a punk (this last one is just my opinion)

willkro

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
How many interceptions does Winston throw in 4 games? I don't want to find out, Use him only if you have to,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom