Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The title got my attention but I went into reading the article with a Very negative attitude. I was surprised and Foxworthy and 4 other jocks brought-up some excellent points. I'll do my best to summarize

1) Foxworthy: Start Winston for the 4-game stretch of 49ers, Falcons, Denver, Falcons
2) Drew has tired each of the last 3-years heading into the playoffs. It would probably help him to have 2-4 games off. And Drew can always come off the bench if necessary
3) The offense needs to have more than 1-player disrupting the opponent defenses: Kamara. Winston would bring the bomb and downfield game back including other players besides Alvin. His point was that defenses will start stacking against Kamara as the season goes on without some changes
4) One of the reporters had a conversation about Brees load with SP during the offseason and asked if SP was going to try and balance Brees load so he is fresh in the offseason. The reporter said it sounded like Payton listened but couldn't tell if he really bought into that idea

Start Winston for 4-Games to Protect Brees Endurance for Playoffs and Open the Offense

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
LMAO... I still don't understand the infatuation with Winston.... I mean, he has some physical tools, and was a high draft pick - but so was Josh Rosen...

Winston was given the keys to his teams' car - and he was just as likely to drive it into the opposing teams' garage... as he was his own...

Until proven otherwise, he's a turnover machine, with questionable decision making skills, and a "quirky" personality........ at best.

I am absolutely terrified at the thought of him starting for this team.

I don't get it. Sorry.

Last edited:

Ihartsaints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Alternate Taysom and Jameis in the first half and the better of the two (if we are winning at the half) finishes the game. If we are behind let Drew come in as the closer.

Yeah ... no kidding this is a stupid Idea, So is playing Jameis for 4 games.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If only time machines were a real thing.

Btw, Dominque Foxworth may be some sort of Prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)