Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sick of the media pushing the Drew Brees demise for clicks. We are averaging 30 ppg without our All Pro WR and starting TE for most of the games.

Drew is starting to look like his old self more and more each week. They should be making articles about how our defense is a shell of itself.

It makes some sense. Its not a completely bizarro idea, but itll never happen. Payton will not sit Brees, and Brees will not be ok sitting. It just wont happen. But it does make some at least interesting points.

1) It does have proof. Brees was off 5 weeks last year and finished far stronger than he did in 2018 when he faded badly down the stretch.

2) you get to see Winston in this offense when it counts. Despite his 30 INTs, he did throw for 5k and 33 TDS. The talent is there, the decision making just needs to be polished.

Brees' first 5 seasons - 12,348 yards. 80 TD, 53 INT. 1.5 TD- INT ratio.

Winston's first 5 seasons - 19737 yards, 121 TDs, 88 INT. 1.38 TD-INT ratio.

Im not saying Winston is Brees. Or even close. Im just saying he has all the tools and just needs to get in the right situation. Brees left SD after 5 years. Winston left TB after 5 years.

Brees' 2nd season he went 17 TD, 16 INT. 3rd season 11 TD, 15 INTs. Winston has never been upside down on TD-INT ratio. Brees was nowhere close in SD to what he would become in NO. And was benched for Doug Flutie at one point. Brees wasnt even sniffing even mild HoF talk in SD. It wasnt even on the radar, he wouldnt have even been on a list of guys in his 5th year that might one day get in the HoF. He became a HoF after he got here. I think WInston at least needs to be seen in this offense.

3) Both of the high profile records Brees owns will fall next year. Brady Is less than 3k yards behind and just a handful of TDS. Its not as if they are protecting records. Those are going to fall very soon after he retires. So they are playing for a ring, and if sitting a few weeks keeps him fresh to that end, then the means are worth swallowing your pride and thinking of sitting as part of an overall strategy.

You ACTUALLY think Taysom Hill would get the nod over Jamies Winston if Drew went down for a long period of time? well, I guess we don't have an example of this ever happening so.....
To SP outdoor start Taysom Hill over Winston, yes! He has been told he is he a ju- and is listed as the number 2 QB. What makes you think SP would not do this? He’s been grooming this guy for three years. if it does not work out then he would move on and Taysom would know he’s not an nfl QB.

I find it absolutely hilarious that people were busting on Winston as late as last year for being a dumpster fire, but now they want to replace Brees with him. I'm ready for Brees to retire so the same people can claw their eyes out with a 20's something QB that's not as good as Brees is right now. Next year, when our offense is like 15th in the league in everything, I'm gonna gloat so hard about this.

There is no easy stretch in the NFL. I don't agree with what Foxworth is saying. The can rest Drew's arm by running the ball. I wouldn't start Winston or Taysom Hill until the Saints are eliminated from playoff contention.

This exactly. Run the damn ball.

Brees' first 5 seasons - 12,348 yards. 80 TD, 53 INT. 1.5 TD- INT ratio.

Winston's first 5 seasons - 19737 yards, 121 TDs, 88 INT. 1.38 TD-INT ratio.

That says it all right there. And he's just 26 years old, and he's sitting right on our bench. People talk about this kid like he's trash or something, I just don't get it.

This thread:

tenor.gif

Because a lot of people on these forums seen how he's won games for the Saints as a Buccaneer.

His Buccanners team sucked, and it's not just the team. The entire culture down there is trash and the front office is a MESS. Tom Brady is finding that out real quick.

Also since you refuse to take my word for it:

Bruce Arians makes good quarterbacks look bad, he just does.

His Buccanners team sucked, and it's not just the team. The entire culture down there is trash and the front office is a MESS. Tom Brady is finding that out real quick.

Also since you refuse to take my word for it:

Bruce Arians makes good quarterbacks look bad, he just does.
I agree that FO is trash, but TB has had a talented team for years. Winston has shown himself to be a headcase himself over the years. I remember when he picked a fight with Lattimore. No way would I trust him over Brees.

I agree that FO is trash, but TB has had a talented team for years. Winston has shown himself to be a headcase himself over the years. I remember when he picked a fight with Lattimore. No way would I trust him over Brees.

Could say something right now but I won't. It's just amazing how guys like Winston and Cam Newton are held to a different standard as quarterbacks for some strange reason...

My problem with this line of though is Taysom Hill is our #2 not Winston. What makes a one think SP would go back on s word to Hil!
LOL. Wait, you are being sarcastic, right? Or did we go back in time to the year 2018 when people actually spoke of such silliness?

Could say something right now but I won't. It's just amazing how guys like Winston and Cam Newton are held to a different standard as quarterbacks for some strange reason...
I wouldn't bench Drew Brees for anyone in the league right now. It's more than likely his last year and he's not playing like sheet. He's not why we're losing. Why risk that on someone untested and unproven in this offense?

As far as any assumptions you may have, I don't think anybody is saying Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson can't ball out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom