Saints should trade Michael Thomas to the Dolphins for Devante a Parker and a pick. (1 Viewer)

No team gets better by trading elite talent. Some folks seem to forget how dominant Thomas is when healthy. His hands are beyond elite and maybe only second to Hopkins. He hasn't been used deep because of the past limitations to our offense. Let's see what he does with no route limitations.

No thanks. Honestly don't think this will age well once Thomas gets back on the field for us in the near future. He has a very minimal injury history prior to hurting his ankle, so I'm not concerned about injuries with him now that he has had his ankle surgically repaired. He's still right in his prime and can provide several more high quality seasons for us.

Agree 100 percent

MT13 is trade-able but not this year. Would like to see how he fairs under JW before making any move.

Just opinion but here are a few reasons

They both need a change of scenery.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire and things are not rosy between the Saints and Thomas. Meanwhile the Dolphins have never been able to give Parker consistent QB play. Ryan Fitzpatrick has arguably been the best QB he’s played with in his career.

Parker fits better with Regards to personality.

I’m not saying Thomas is a diva but his personality is more abrasive, even if workman like. Parker is a heads down kind of guy in the Colston mold.

Parker wins in ways that compliment Jamie’s current game.

He’s does everything Thomas does, maybe not at the level of Thomas but the trade off is he’s potentially better as a down field threat. Thomas, to me fit Brees for where he was in his career. He’s a short/intermediate threat. Jameis is an intermediate/deep thrower.

Thomas injury history.

This is same argument I made for Sheldon Rankins once he began getting leg injuries. What made up for his lack of height/size was his explosiveness. Start to lose that and his game takes a hit. Thomas is in similar situation. His explosiveness is what set him apart due to his…not so elite athletic profile. An ankle injury impacts that explosiveness.

Trade would never happen but I think it would be a productive one. Please feel free to debunk of support the theory. Its a long bye week. What’s a little fantasy going to hurt?

Enjoy your Sunday people!
Respect your opinion, but nah brah. I’d give them TQS and a 2nd for Parker.

Just opinion but here are a few reasons

They both need a change of scenery.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire and things are not rosy between the Saints and Thomas. Meanwhile the Dolphins have never been able to give Parker consistent QB play. Ryan Fitzpatrick has arguably been the best QB he’s played with in his career.

Parker fits better with Regards to personality.

I’m not saying Thomas is a diva but his personality is more abrasive, even if workman like. Parker is a heads down kind of guy in the Colston mold.

Parker wins in ways that compliment Jamie’s current game.

He’s does everything Thomas does, maybe not at the level of Thomas but the trade off is he’s potentially better as a down field threat. Thomas, to me fit Brees for where he was in his career. He’s a short/intermediate threat. Jameis is an intermediate/deep thrower.

Thomas injury history.

This is same argument I made for Sheldon Rankins once he began getting leg injuries. What made up for his lack of height/size was his explosiveness. Start to lose that and his game takes a hit. Thomas is in similar situation. His explosiveness is what set him apart due to his…not so elite athletic profile. An ankle injury impacts that explosiveness.

Trade would never happen but I think it would be a productive one. Please feel free to debunk of support the theory. Its a long bye week. What’s a little fantasy going to hurt?

Enjoy your Sunday people!
Nah

Remember how eager some of you were to whip up these trade threads about Kamara? Yeah. That would’ve been real wise for us to have gotten rid of him back when this board swore that AK was depressed over Mark. That he’d lost his passion for the game. That he was starting to flirt with constant injury issues. How screwed would we be today with no AK and no Mike on the team right now?

Let Mike get back on the field and into the flow of things. He is a fiery competitor who likely has never missed that much time away from the game he loves, while playing at such a high level. I’m not saying I enjoyed his attitude. But I believe he’ll be fired up to play hard once he hits the field again. People have written him off. You don’t even hear his named listed in the top WR lists anymore. They never disrespected OBJ like that coming off of successful seasons. But folks were ready to discredit MT the moment he went down. It’s like he left the league.

Believe me Mike will be on a mission. And I want a player obsessed with greatness on my team. He’ll be ready and he’ll be one of us. Kill this trade talk. We rollin’ with Mike.

Remember how eager some of you were to whip up these trade threads about Kamara? Yeah. That would’ve been real wise for us to have gotten rid of him back when this board swore that AK was depressed over Mark. That he’d lost his passion for the game. That he was starting to flirt with constant injury issues. How screwed would we be today with no AK and no Mike on the team right now?

Let Mike get back on the field and into the flow of things. He is a fiery competitor who likely has never missed that much time away from the game he loves, while playing at such a high level. I’m not saying I enjoyed his attitude. But I believe he’ll be fired up to play hard once he hits the field again. People have written him off. You don’t even hear his named listed in the top WR lists anymore. They never disrespected OBJ like that coming off of successful seasons. But folks were ready to discredit MT the moment he went down. It’s like he left the league.

Believe me Mike will be on a mission. And I want a player obsessed with greatness on my team. He’ll be ready and he’ll be one of us. Kill this trade talk. We rollin’ with Mike.
That's been my exact reaction, as well. Many were ready to oust Kamara and the same tired, knee-jerk "well, he got paid so he's going to coast now" replies.

My only concern about MT is if there is irreversible damage from playing injured. But, not overly concerned. I think he'll come back sound.

5 pages for something we all know can’t happen due to the cap implications.
Sure, but the OP was more in the vein of "what if" than any real plausible scenario. I'm not a fan of the idea, but I think it's a legitimate question about whether MT can bring the same value post-injury. I sure hope he can.

Well, Thomas was never really super fast to begin with and I'm guessing the injury will have some effect on his speed, at least early on. I don't know that he'll get many long balls thrown his way. We'll see.
Thomas uses skill to get open not speed. Drew connected on quite a few deep balls to Thomas before his arm was totally shot.

Thomas is very quick which he uses to his advantage to win one on ones constantly. You don't need straight line speed to get open. He is fast enough that once he separates he can give the QB the window he needs to get him the ball.

Also MT should be a 50/50 ball beast. How many DB's in the league are goint to go up and win that battle against MT? I'd think not to many.

Look, MT's antics have not made me happy lately either, but let's not get crazy and act like he is a scrub.

Last edited:
brendan-frasier-laughing.gif

If the Saints could have traded CGM, they would have by now. They can’t…and that’s why he’s still on roster. It will be difficult to trade him next year as well…though maybe not impossible like this year.

If the Saints could have traded CGM, they would have by now. They can’t…and that’s why he’s still on roster. It will be difficult to trade him next year as well…though maybe not impossible like this year.
Why do you think they would have traded him by now? What lead you to this conclusion other than the Duncan article?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom